• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Im getting a Ryedale hutch!

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
:D :D :D :D :D

Got my quote for postage and its not that much more than my happyhutches so Im going to order one :D

Cant decide what I want though :lol:

Yay! Mine will arrive next weekend. I'll get the 5 ft double storey with extra height, bolts and night shutters.

Will they still send it ready made or flat packed?

Im getting a double storey one though because Buu and Beau are going to have one part each :D

I think I am going to get the 6ft double hutch with shutters and bolts, but I am going to ask if they can do 2ft height :D

They didnt actually say if they would send me one flatpacked but I will ask when I call them. The postage will be £130 but I think that is already assembled. Will check though x

Lucky you (and buns). The Rydale have really good hutches. I have spoken to them before and they are happy to make any changes you want. If I hadn't got a shed already that we adapted for our buns I would have gone for a Rydale.:D

When we have hutches from Ryedale they are made up! They couldn't come flat packed as so sterdy and secure. The men carry it into the place you want it. They are excellent hutches.

I know, just wanted to check if they could because I am worried about damage on the way here :D My flatpack hutches got a little damaged on the way over so I can just see this one arriving in bits :shock: :lol:

You have very lucky bunnies, those hutches look amazing :D How long would people say they would last compared to happy hutches??? I may have to upgrade them AGAIN :roll: :lol:

You have very lucky bunnies, those hutches look amazing :D How long would people say they would last compared to happy hutches??? I may have to upgrade them AGAIN :roll: :lol:

I will get this one now and want one for Trip and Scarlett too :lol: My happyhutches seem alright but I have only had them since the beginning of the year x

rydale do look fab - and after wrestling with my hh flatpacks I swore (just a bit) I'd pay more and get ready built from rydale next time :rolleyes:

They look lovely dont they :D Im not even kidding I think I was dreaming about rabbit hutches last night :shock: :lol:

:lol: You should have seen us trying to put our happyhutches together, we were all swearing at it my neighbour came to the fence to see what was going on :lol:

The best thing with HH hutches is to completely ignore the building instructions, because they are useless. Just do some thinking and arrange the pieces where they should go, and then start building. We still managed to put the floor the wrong way round and then had to adjust the trapdoor so that it would fit.

The best thing with HH hutches is to completely ignore the building instructions, because they are useless. Just do some thinking and arrange the pieces where they should go, and then start building. We still managed to put the floor the wrong way round and then had to adjust the trapdoor so that it would fit.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The instructions were terrible :lol:

Ryedale are great as Ive said and Im so pleased you have chosen them. I have the Ryedale Whopper, 6ft x 2 x 2 double, with an attached 5ft x 5ft x 2ft and a bit high run. I did have to pay extra for the 2ft height on each level, bolts and the shutters but I love it and so do the bunnies :D Pics below, the one at the bottom is the hutch on the stand but you cant have a run attached with the stand :D

bunnies021.jpg

bunnies014.jpg

newhutchwhopper.jpg

Do the night shutters keep out the rain or do you have an extra rain cover?

I just have the night shutters and they do keep most of the rain out of the hutch :D Torrential downpours and a little water gets in but very little :D I use the corrugated plastic on the run :D Hope this helps :D Ooo forgot to say I asked for the bedding area on the bottom area too, so there are two snuggly areas :lol:

Last edited:
I just have the night shutters and they do keep most of the rain out of the hutch :D Torrential downpours and a little water gets in but very little :D I use the corrugated plastic on the run :D Hope this helps :D

Ours will be facing away from the direction where most of the rain comes from, so the shutters should be enough. We thought about making daytime shutters with perspex, so that the bunnies get light and a view. How much does the corrugated plastic cost? We put perspex on the top and three sides of the Happy Hutch run, but perspex is quite expensive. And how easy is it to cut the corrugated plastic?

:wave: I just overlap the corrugated plastic ontop of each other because you cant really cut it. For the 6ft x 5ft run I use three pieces overlapping each other lengthways. Its only £4.99 a 6ft by 2 and a half foot sheet at B&Q :D I use it on all the runs :D

:wave: I just overlap the corrugated plastic ontop of each other because you cant really cut it. For the 6ft x 5ft run I use three pieces overlapping each other lengthways. Its only £4.99 a 6ft by 2 and a half foot sheet at B&Q :D I use it on all the runs :D

That's cheap! I get the Ryedale hutch without a run attached, but I have three runs that can go either on grass or on concrete and need covers for them. Is the plastic fairly heavy or does it get blown off easily? Do you put bricks on top?

Back