• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

game or making love!?

Hello to everyone from Croatia,we are proud owners of Milcec a male holland loop and Palcica a female holland loop,both of them are around 3 months old.
Everything in their behavior we could explain,but recent situations we cant,so we are asking for help.The problem(?) is that Milcec starts to snif around Palcica gential area,and the Milcec jumps on her and performs some speedy moves :lol: ,
she usually lies down,like in submission, and then my wife seperates them.
This kind of behavoir repeats few times a day especially when they are in the room,not in the "cage".
Is this normal?Should we be concerned?
His testicals are partialy visible(1/4 of bean) .

thanks in advance

sounds like a horny bun to me :lol: Get the male straight into the vets as soon as his testicles have dropped properly - alot of vets wont castrate till either the testicles are fully down or the rabbit or when the rabbit hits 6 month old! (I THINK)Might be an idea to seperate them :? you could end up with babby rabbits! I left my rabbit to late and ended up with 8 babies, which was quite irresponsible :oops: :oops:

Last edited:
You need to separate them. The male can get her pregnant, even if he is neutered now, he can still get her pregnant for up to 6 weeks after. She is far too young to go through pregnancy, so until she's spayed they will need separating.

6 weeks :shock: :shock: :shock: My vet advised me keep my male and female seperate for 3 weeks after his castration! i hope piper dosent have more babys :shock: :lol:

Dear me :shock: its about 11 weeks now.. hopefully all the.. ahem:oops: has gone! My vet advised keep them seperate for 3 weeks, but introduce them slowly again at about 2 weeks but make sure there well supervised so they dont hump. Im worried now :censored: :shock:

Dear me :shock: its about 11 weeks now.. hopefully all the.. ahem:oops: has gone! My vet advised keep them seperate for 3 weeks, but introduce them slowly again at about 2 weeks but make sure there well supervised so they dont hump. Im worried now :censored: :shock:

Female rabbits are pregnant for 29-35 days. Bit early for maths, but I'm thinking you should be ok?

Three weeks should be ok, many people like to err on the side of caution and say longer just in case, but realistically there's not a lot of chance of live sperm being left after 3-4 weeks. I have heard of a case of buns getting pregnant after 6+ weeks but equally a number of rescues will introduce buns after 2-3 weeks and never seem to have problems. So I don't think your vet was wildy wrong and probably going with the general consensus on safety. Many rescues of course want to be 100% certain of no more babies so might suggest longer just in case.

Thats ok then, im keeping an eye on her just incase :lol: id die of shock if she popped out more baby rabbits! It's cost me nie on £500 keepin the babys fo 6 weeks! :roll:

Back