• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bond break down?!? Help Please

Ivor/Anna

Warren Scout
Hi, anna and ivor get along really well most of the time however every time I go into their room to give them attention anna starts humping ivor and they start chasing. They dont stop chasing until i leave!.
It doesnt happen with my partner just me-are they fighting over me!?
What can I do, its really stopping me giving them to attention they are used to!

I think this is probably referred aggression.

I have a pair of bonded girls who do this. It never turns particularly nasty though, just fur pulling.

I doubt the bond would break down, but it might if the bunny who is being picked on retaliates

Referred Aggression? Ill go and look it up, thank you.

It is just fur pullig and chasing nothing more serious as yet. Hopefully they will be ok, Ivor deals with Anna humping him quite well, he rmeinds her who is boss but doesnt take it too far.

Thanks for responses :D

Sorry, I should have explained it better. Referred aggression when something upsets the rabbit (i.e. a strange rabbit, or even you) and the rabbit wants to attack the intruder, but can't, so attacks their bonded partner instead.

The aggression will usually stop when the threat goes away.

As I said, my girls have lived together for 4 or 5 years without ever really hurting each other.

Amy

Oh no-does that mean they see me as a threat? It is my presence that triggers it! Why woudl they see me as a threat-apart from its always me that clips their nails and grooms them which they hate.
What can i do?

Back