• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sheds for homes

Phoebesmummy9

Warren Veteran
Hey :wave: :wave:
I posted on her a bit ago about homes for bunnies! I'm still at home with parents,and have 3 bonded bunnies in a big indoor cage atm! My mum has decided she wanted them out,but having read some good advice off here i decided against it as it would b bad for my bunnies espisally as one of my buns is only 7 weeks old! and my 2 older buns not havin developed a winter coat and being well accoustomed to a warm house and havin the run of downstairs. So my idea was to get a shed and convert it,and have like a run attached to the outside that my buns could scamper off into when it was warm outside! But i dont know how easy this is to do! I'm also worried that something will get in the shed and attack my poor bubbas! I'm starting university next autum so i want my bunnies to be able to b well excerised and warm espially is there is ever a time i get home late!
*Does anyone have a converted shed?
*are they easy to convert?
*Was it expensive to convert?
*Did you have windows in?
*Do your sheds have lighting/heating
*Do they stay very warm?
* Did you line the floor with anything
*What did you do for security
*does any know where i can get a relativley cheap but good quality shed?
*Has an animal/beast :lol: (e.g fox) managed to get into your shed near ur furries?

Sorry for the long post :oops:
Vikkie xx

*Does anyone have a converted shed? Yes! :lol:
*are they easy to convert? With some DIY skills & the right tools it wasn't too difficult
*Was it expensive to convert? Guessing approx £70
*Did you have windows in? Yes
*Do your sheds have lighting/heating rechargeable battery lighting - no heating
*Do they stay very warm? Good ventilation needed in summer eg mesh door - not insulated so not warm in winter but keeps out draughts
* Did you line the floor with anything roll end of vinyl sheet flooring
*What did you do for security padlocks on shed door & run
*does any know where i can get a relativley cheap but good quality shed? Ours was from the B&Q sale
*Has an animal/beast :lol: (e.g fox) managed to get into your shed near ur furries? No, they just have a good sniff around.

Hope that helps

Mike

Thanks Mike :D I really wanna do this for a summer.. thats if my mum can persuade me to actually evict my babys fromt he house :lol:

*Does anyone have a converted shed? Yes -2 and a wendy house*
*Was it expensive to convert? Can be as cheap or as expensive as you like, depending on what you do to it. A permanent run is probably an ideal which would cost around £30
*Did you have windows in? Yes, but mine have been changed to openers with fixed mesh so nothing can get in or out!*Do your sheds have lighting/heating Solar lighting - no heating (yet!)
*Do they stay very warm? Yes as they have each other to cuddle up with - no different to a hutch really if you put a small nest box in for them to sleep in. My sheds are also fully insulated *
Did you line the floor with anything Polystyrene, then carpet covered with a thick tarpaulin so easy to kep clean, then mats on top
*What did you do for security A secure run that is on concrete/slabs, and a small access hole (cat flap ) into the shed inside run area*
does any know where i can get a relativley cheap but good quality shed? I'd just make sure you gat a tongue and groove NOT shiplap as they'll chew the boards inside!*
Has an animal/beast :lol: (e.g fox) managed to get into your shed near ur furries? No, I'm confident mine are really secure

2007_0904Image0016.jpg

That is fabuolous! we have a pretty spacious garden we have a huge drive way, a huge garden at the front and it goes all the way up the side of the house we have a nice area in the corner of the garden a hutch could go tho, its such a shame i cant let them play in the garden freely,the cats would have them :cry: tho im pretty sure my chaps and chapettes are happy havin the run of a house :D :roll:

Poly board (polystyrene board)
ply (a sheet of plywood and all diff thickness)

All found at b&q at the wood and insulation departments:lol:

thanks rick :lol: ive managed to rope my brother in law and cousin into helping me when the rain eases up,needless to say i think ill give them a list of what i need and get them to pick it up :lol:

Im gunna get a cardboard castle off the webby to put inside aswell :lol: every1 thinks im off my rocker coverting the bottom of my garden for the 3 buns :lol:

I dont know if this helps but I converted a stable into a bunny house. It cost me nothing, All I did was put wood shaving on the floor (and straw), put some water bottles up, hang a few hayracks, build a bunny house from bricks and a slate roof (a little house not the stable!). Its great watching them roam around in it. Converting outbuildings is really good

Hiya, i wish i had a stable to convert :lol: :lol: :lol: ive asked if i can have the little shed house thing we already have and i got told no:lol:

Back