• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm kinda worried...

Rice

Mama Doe
...about traveling and leaving my buns in hubby's care. :? :?

I started a new job about a month ago that requires a little traveling, my first trip is Sunday and I get back Tuesday. Hubby will be taking care of the rabbits while I am gone. Hubby is very competent and knows what he is doing its just that the buns don't really like or trust him too well... I've been having him feed them lately and spend more time with them to get them used to him but it doesn't seem to be working!!

Any ideas, suggestions?? I don't want to be worrying about my buns every time I am gone (although I'm sure I will no matter what...:rolleyes: ) I am nuts to be overly concerned?

...about traveling and leaving my buns in hubby's care. :? :?

I started a new job about a month ago that requires a little traveling, my first trip is Sunday and I get back Tuesday. Hubby will be taking care of the rabbits while I am gone. Hubby is very competent and knows what he is doing its just that the buns don't really like or trust him too well... I've been having him feed them lately and spend more time with them to get them used to him but it doesn't seem to be working!!

Any ideas, suggestions?? I don't want to be worrying about my buns every time I am gone (although I'm sure I will no matter what...:rolleyes: ) I am nuts to be overly concerned?

I dont think you are 'nuts' at all!!
I'd get hubby to stick with a strict routine re feeding and exercise times for the Buns. Routine is very important to a Bun and makes them feel secure.
I am sure they will be OK, but its only natural that you are worried

Janex

I dont think you are 'nuts' at all!!
I'd get hubby to stick with a strict routine re feeding and exercise times for the Buns. Routine is very important to a Bun and makes them feel secure.
I am sure they will be OK, but its only natural that you are worried

Janex

Ok glad I'm not crazy, cause hubby thinks I am! I've actually written out a schedule for him of when to feed the buns when to let them out to exercise, etc. :oops: :oops: He thinks I'm a little obsessive... :rolleyes:

I'm mostly worried about Piper, Alfred actually doesn't mind hubby and he is soo much easier to handle than Piper. Piper doesn't like hubby at all so I'm worried he won't be able to get her back in her room after being out without stressing her out.

Back