• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

post neuter fighting??

LittleBunniesRock

Warren Scout
got Peanut back from the vet yesterday evening after his neuter. Rex has been in the same room, but outside the carrier. I figured this would get them associated with each other without too much contact. ANYWAY, I let peanut out for a little romp, and although rex has mostly ignored him before, he lunged to bite him when he came close- viciously so. I figured it was a once of, but he did it again and I had to hold rex down to keep him from biting peanut, who turned tail and ran. I then picked rex up and sat on the floor to keep him away from peanut, but when peanut came over to sniff at my trousers, rex lunged at him again and tried to get at him from my arms.

They have had their occasional squabbles, but nothing like this and it would have turned very nasty had I let rex be (thankfully he has bad aim, so peanut is unscathed at the moment!). They are two blokes, but they've been living the past 5 months together and never had a big problem... I'm probably going to re-introduce them on neutral ground when rex cools down a bit... What should I do?

Where they seperated whilst Peanut was at the vets, as in did Rex not go with him?

Nooooo!

Even mixed sex pairs should not be seperated, let alone two males!

Has Rex been neutered?

Back