• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Advice please, flying bunny anyone????

Pipstrel

Mama Doe
Last night putting Minstrel back in his hutch he jumped out of my arms (a couple of feet as was bending down) and landed awkwardly on his side and face. Quickly brought him inside and his nose was a bit red and ever so slightly bleeding, like a graze, kind of where his nose sllits in two if you know what I mean. I checked his front teeth and no cracks or breaks or anything.

On advice from Sooz I checked his spine and legs for any pain but he didn't flinch at all, no signs of any pain at all just the red nose.

He dranks and ate loads of hay and was hopping about and exploring no problems and was toiletting. I made their indoor cage up and put it in my bedroom so I could keep an eye on him and he was fine. Nose still a bit pinky/red this morning but apart from that he seemed fine.

I'm still worrying tho, do you think he should see a vet just to be on the safe side?

Thanks, sorry for long post

Helen x x

Last edited:
If hes showing no signs of discomft and everything seems normal with him it should be ok to give the vets a miss. i dropped my bunny by accident and he'd hurt his paw, even tho i took him to the vet for a quick check over he recovered fine :D

Yes, yes yes!!:) Take him to the vet. Nia fell over 6' and landed so hard on her side that she actually bounced. It was awful. She wasn't showing any signs of pain despite having broken her two top teeth. The vet checked her over and it seemed she'd had a lucky escape, however 2 days later I took her back as she went off her food and her eyes were running. She ended up staying in for an xray and endoscopy which revealed a broken rib and damaged spine, but fortunately no serious damage to her organs. She was very lucky.

Back