• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi im new here :)

Emma89

New Kit
Hello everyone, my names Emma, im 18 and live in Liverpool UK. I currently have 5guinea pigs and 2cats. I had a rabbit when i was younger called Holly who lived to a grand old age of 8 :) I dont have any rabbits at the moment but i am hoping to change that soon! I have 3 spare rabbit hutches which were baught for the piggys but they didnt like them much so we went back to the original cages. Anyway, i have been looking around at rescues and there are so many buns looking for homes, i know im not experienced but i have a lot of time and am willing to learn so i figure having me as a mummy is better than having no mummy! I have a few questions, ive researched general care but knowledge come from experience so any tips on bedding, food or care would be great :) I was hoping that the rabbit(s) could live in my 10footx8foot heated shed with the pigs, obviously in its own hutch, is there any way this could work? Thanks for any help! Sorry this post is so long! Love Emma xxxxx

Hi welcome to the forum:wave: . I think your setup sounds good. What size hutches do you have?? I'm sure someone on here will advise you of the advised minimum size

Hi :) one of he hutches is a 5foot by 2 foot single tier hutch, its the lavender lodge from P@H, the others are 4footby 2foot double hutches with ramps they're thistle halls from P@H, i was planning on giving the rabbit(s) some floor space in the shed too :) xxx

yeh floor space would be good for them. some people have attached a run to the shed via a cat flap for use during the daytime. i can't offer too much outdoors advice as i have a Giant Conti who lives in my house:) but if you do a search for threads on sheds and hutches i'm sure you'll get some pretty good info:)

Ok thanks :) i dont know about a run with a cat flap, my pigs have a run but i have to watch them because there are so many cats round here would prefer to have my eye on the bun the whole time it was out. Was thinking of giving the bun the run of the shed floor and having the pigs on a kind of shelf about waist high in their cages?? Not sure yet! i will search threads thanks for the advice :) xxx

hiya! i have the lavendar lodge hutch for a pair of my rabbits and they love it:D:D

welcome 2 the forum xxxx

:) does anyone else have buns in the shed/room with piggys? Id like to do this but have heard that buns can carry certain bacteria that are harmless to them but can cause illness in pigs? Thanks xxx

Welcome to the froum afraid i don't know the answer to your question =[ but good luck with finding a bunster =] xx

Welcome to RU!:wave:

A 5ft by 2ft is the minimum for a small-medium bun and really they need access to a run alongside that as well. Most rescues also prefer their buns to go in pairs, and a 5ft by 2ft is a little small for two buns unless of course they had the run of the shed.:)

Good luck finding your rescue bun(s)!:D

Back