• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Out of Date Baytril

JellyBelly

Mama Doe
:? What would happen if i used out of date Baytril? I assuming its out of date although it has been in a bottle from the vets since July :?

It has a longer shelf life than people give it credit for but I cant with 100% certainty say it would be safe/effective to use, I think 3 months is about the maximum.

When you say out of date do you mean it has a BB date on it or just that you have had it a long time?

Well i did use it (before i posted). I totally didnt realise it was that old until i checked the date of the vets visit. I dont know te BB date...
I have had it in a bottle since July.
It wont cause any real damage will it? :oops:

More likely it just wont have any effect at all.

Are you using probiotics in conjunction with it?

If it is in a brown plastic bottle from the Vets and has been kept refrigerated my Vet says its OK for about a month :D
If its in the manufacturers bottle its OK til their BBD, Usually about a year!!

Janex

Im used it on one of my guinea pigs...but she was back at the vets today and the vet said it won't do much good but it wont do any harm either.

Thanks for the replys, i have learnt my lesson and will bin any unused meds from now on x

Back