• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Local rehoming

GregTheBunny

Warren Scout
As some of you may be aware, my little greg was stolen recently, i saw hunnybunnys appeal for homes for her little rabbits and someone up here has agreed to do the homecheck for me on Monday coming :)

Before this i did keep my eye open for any local buns wanting homes, and today i find this one

Free To Good home, grey, 4 months old, lionhead x lop, rescued from starvation back to good health, gaining weight nicely, special home wanted for this special little chap, Tel: 07005 928 921

Price: no price
Town: Washington

Postcode: NE38

What do i do? Everyone has gone to so much trouble on here, hunnybunnys bun will be neutered and checked out etc, this one probably not, but i dont want to cause undue stress to buns coming all the way up here, if indeed we can get a bunnyrun organised.

Please help

By taking a rabbit from Jill you will not only be helping that rabbit but the rabbit that gets to take its place at the rescue.

You know the rabbit will be in full health.

You will not get any 'surprise' medical bills....do you know why this rabbit was starving, was it starving or was he actually sick?

You will get support with bonding and for the duration of bunnies life.

If you cannot keep him for any reason he has somewhere safe to go back to.

By taking a rabbit from Jill you will not only be helping that rabbit but the rabbit that gets to take its place at the rescue.

You know the rabbit will be in full health.

You will not get any 'surprise' medical bills....do you know why this rabbit was starving, was it starving or was he actually sick?

You will get support with bonding and for the duration of bunnies life.

If you cannot keep him for any reason he has somewhere safe to go back to.

Thanks Sooz22

You're absolutely right, i just wanted to do what is best for everyone, i hadnt thought about the freeing up of a space for a new rabbit :) and the local bun sounds like he is being well looked after anyway, not in desperate need. Thanks

i feel a bit torn like you too.... ive tied myself into getting a rabbit from hopper haven... house check was done and the bonding failed... Louise tells me shes never failed with a rabbit even if it takes some longer than others and Alvin is a demon i think hell be single for years lol.... what makes me feel torn is all the appeals for homes it breaks my heart and i have to tell myself hopper haven needs to home buns just as much as any other rescue and with over 100 buns & piggies to look after they dont get the time to put out appeals so i have to be strong and wait until Alvins perfect wife comes not just one i fall for.... :shock:

If you've got a rabbit that's difficult to bond, you really don't want to risk a free ads bun. The chances of it working out would be slim...a free ads rabbit might even turn out to be the wrong sex :shock:

If you've got a rabbit that's difficult to bond, you really don't want to risk a free ads bun. The chances of it working out would be slim...a free ads rabbit might even turn out to be the wrong sex :shock:

i think the bun was already bonded but some evil :censored: stole one of em!!!! its only my demon who is too good for a wife in his eyes...lol

As some people are aware,Gregthebunny (anna) recently lost her bunbun greg to heartless criminals!, and was due a homecheck due by me this coming week. As it happens, I have an 8 week old buck called Ollie who was due to be rehomed, but his home fell through and i am unable to keep Ollie due to the fact I already have Piper,Phoebe and Holli (ollies sister) and due to the fact that I start university and the fact i am at college again redoing GCSE's again, i think it would be unfair on Ollie as I wouldnt have the time for him. After mentioning this to Anna, we thought it might be a good idea,that Anna take on Ollie as a new husbun for Jessica, as Ollie would only have to be advertised on here/locally or put into a pet shop.
Me nor Gregthebunny want anyone esp HunnyBunny to feel as though anything is being done underhanded here, and also the fact that Anna lives quite close to me, it would be less stress on Ollie travelling from my home in Wallsend to nearby Sunderland.

I am glad Anna is going to have a new bun..wherever it comes from..and less travelling makes sense.. I am also glad your rabbit will go to a caring home.....
.....but these circumstances do make me think I've been misled here Vikkie by you offering to homecheck:?
Especially as you've posted it on here but not bothered to inform me first which would have been courteous..
So thank you....

I think it's pretty low to find out somebodies details through a rescue homecheck, then proceed to rehome one of your own rabbits to them.

ok i dont think that was the intention of the person doing the home check was to undermine the rescue. i think that they then realised the oppertunity was there after. however they should probebly have discussed this with rescue before coming on here and discussing it.

less travel time for bun is less stress for a bun... but again all the other items such as neuter etc apply. i dont think we should all get grumpy with them its done now. its not the best way to have handled things but i dont think hurt was intended.

I think the main thing is an unwanted bun gets a new home. that is important and 2ndly that a new husbun for the remaining lonely bunny can be found. having undergone the home check now though it would be considerate to not let the rescue bunny down.

It wasnt underhanded and NOBODY ELSE offered to check from the area! I had every intention of doing the homecheck and u can even ask gregsbunny that because had arranged to meet in Jarrow on monday afternoon! I didnt force any1 into anything, i just mentioned to Anna that my rabbit rehome had fell thru and that the opptunity was there if she wanted to take it but i understood if she wanted to get a rescue bunny from jane! I felt absolutley horrid actually and there was no vicious purpose of me offering to do home check despite what ANY of you think! up until late this morning, my bunny was technically rehomed

and no, i dont think its low, if i had on purpose seeked gregsbunnys details to rehome my own rabbit YES, but as i say the homecheck was aranged to be done monday, and i said i would do it, out of kindness I wouldnt have no other reason to spend nearly £10 in fares for trains and a full afternoon of my time just to do something underhanded :censored:

and no, i dont think its low, if i had on purpose seeked gregsbunnys details to rehome my own rabbit YES, but as i say the homecheck was aranged to be done monday, and i said i would do it, out of kindness I wouldnt have no other reason to spend nearly £10 in fares for trains and a full afternoon of my time just to do something underhanded :censored:

But you didn't actually do the homecheck, so you can't even claim to have been inconvenienced in any way.

Im in no way implying i was inconvienced AT ALL. All i have said was i offered to do the homecheck out of kindness, and that it was actually ALL arranged me for to over and meet gregthebunny on monday. I also told her that i would be fine if she still wanted a rescue bun from Jill, and that if she did i would still do the home check for her :shock:

and i am STILL happy for Gregthebunny to change her mind if she so wishs and i will in no way be at all offended if she does, and i would still b up for doing her homecheck if she needs it!

I can see very much where Jill is coming from especially given that Anna was considering taking on a free-ad bunny yesterday instead and then is suddenly aquiring another one from elsewhere.

It is extrememly disheartening to run a rescue, find a home for a bunny and get excited about that bunny going to a great new home where it will get all the attention it deserves only to be let down. It has happened to me many times and it really gets you down.

Please dont offer to adopt a rescue bun if you are not 100% certain you will follow through on the offer.

BTW Adopting a rescue buny helps TWO rabbits, the rabbit you adopt and the one that gets its place in rescue ;)

I can see very much from where Jill is coming from but it was better than being sly and underhanded about it and not saying anything, as alot of these posts have implied that i offered to do the homecheck on purpose which was not the case at all.

Back