• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help before he gets worse! x

vikkia1234

Warren Scout
Hiya Girls and guys!

Guinness has majoirly started chewing the carpet, i dont mind him chewing my furniture but he loves tearing the carpet up! I need to put this to a stop before it starts getting noticeable and my landlord finds out! ( not even supposed to have pets! :roll:

What can i do to stop this, shouting NO! at him does not work in the slightest, he looks at me and and starts climbing on me as if to say " you know you cant stay mad at me for long", if hes naughty and i put him back in his hutch he really doesnt care, just lays on his back and goes to sleep, i even tried a water spray but he actually likes this can you belive it!

I put another rug down which i thought he might like to chew instead but now he just likes chewing both of them!

Arrggh!! Please help me peeps what can i do!? Any good anti chewing sprays i can buy?

They have anti chew sprays in pets @ home etc but have never tried them so not sure how safe they are and if they work.

Sorry coulddn't help any further.

Arnie tends to go for corners so I just cover up his favourite parts with furniture etc :roll:

is there anything you can cover the carpets areas with?

I used to put cardboard down and change it every few days

I bought doormats to put in the worst areas hoping they would chew those instead. They don't but they don't seem to have chewed anywhere else since.

Its really the whole living room carpet he attacks and not one particular spot, he chooses a different spot everytime his does it! I tried putting a seperate rug down for him that i thought he would like to chew but it didnt work, i like the sound of putting a door mat down though - im sure he'd like to dig on that too! Im going to get down the pet shop after work and see if i can get any of that bitter apple spray, i'll let you know how i get on with it! :D

Back