• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thumping their legs during the night

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
My girls are inside, recovering from their spay, and last night was difficult. Molly started thumping her back legs at 2 in the morning. I tried to distract them by tapping the top of the cage and Molly was clearly frigtenen by this noise. She hid behind Milly and it then started to become a game. Molly went and thumped her back legs and ran behind Milly, like a child playing with their mum, running away after doing something naughty. It wasn't towards each other, as they snuggled together and everything afterwards, but I think they are getting a bit too lively to be in their cage much longer. Is there anything I can do to calm them down a bit? Do you think this thumping was a game or a sign of danger?

Definately a game !! as in "lets keep the bunny slave awake allllll night"

Ours kick off as soon as they hear my alarm go off in the morning (they are downstairs)

I don't think you can stop it other than earplugs or move them into another room.

When did your vet say they could go back outside ?

Monday morning, they can go back out. Shall I allow them more time to run around my room, or is this making them too lively?

Kovu seems to be getting worse at thumping in th night aswell, which is definitely a bad thing cos my Dads room is the closest to it, plus I live in a terraced house and theres a baby in the room next door which usually gets woken up by his thumping!!!
Its best not to give them attention when they do it cos thta just makes them worse!!!

It sounds like to me they're telling you it's time to go back outside again. It's not cold at the moment, so maybe you should put them back outside and see how they go over the weekend?

I don't know. I want to keep them inside until Monday cause the vet said so (this is a different vet by the way from the rubbish one before!!).

Mine are a nightmare in my room they make so much noise.The bun that is inside at the mo is in the front room because there is no way he will let me sleep he thinks if he is up i should be too!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

My two are terrible for it! All I hear is thump thump thump al nite. :lol:
Timmy twinkle toes does it the most for attention. Downstairs always complain! x x

Alin stays with us in our room when we go to scotland.... cage pinging at 5am may be funny to him but i was not amused :evil: :evil:

i tried letting him free roam, chewing the bed legs at 5am also amused him no end :roll: :roll:

Daisy is a night stamper! The problem is the more we get up and see what's wrong with her the more she does it. Just as you get back off to sleep it's bang bang bang! However, it's not always bad - she did wake me up once at the right time when I'd forgotten to set my alarm clock for work!

Two of mine came in for the night after their spay and one night of disturbed sleep was enough for me they went back outside the next day! ;)

Molly bites the bars of the cage at around gettign up time or if she hears me get out of bed and walkgn around upstairs... I have tried sneakign about but nooope!! She wants out!! :lol:

Back