• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Local vet? Sheffield

Does anyone know a local vet for me? I live in S6.
Langset road has a 24hour tescoe, go up the side of that and I live on one of the very steep dead end roads.

I have just moved house and am now wondering if anyone knows a local vet to register with as everyone hates the bus and a french lop is too heavy for such a long walk to my old vets. If not I shall poke my dad over the weekend to take me out to scour the area in his car ^_^

I really am going to have to take Charm. I've cleaned him up the best I can, but I'm afraid the vet is going to have to step in to clean his bottom. Good news though... He has started pooing properly again!!! He's just got a dirty bottom still.

I think Nicola (TheGaffer) Tracy (morrigan1981) and Becca(6) are near you, could be worth PMing to see who they use?

I'm Sheffield 6 too and I've been using Hallam Vets at Hillsborough for 18 years. I would thoroughly recommend them, particularly for rabbits. I'm not sure of any closer to you. You can catch the tram at Tesco to Hillsborough - it's only about 5 minutes.

:)

I think Nicola (TheGaffer) Tracy (morrigan1981) and Becca(6) are near you, could be worth PMing to see who they use?

We all use the same vet.

If you turn left at Hillsborough corner it's a few minutes' walk on the left, past a travel shop and chiropodist. If you go by tram it's less than a 5 minute walk from Hillsborough tram stop. They also have a surgery at Crookes.

:)

did you try the incredibly cheap cornflour I recommended a month ago yet? might be cheaper than a vet appointment if cleaning is all he needs.

I did indeedy. It did work to an extent but Charm lashes out at me now when I try to finish the job and he's scarily stronger than me. So I'm just consenting. I'm going to get a vet to do it and then maybe help me learn to hold him properly so I can do it thereafter.

I'm also taking my piggy to the vet I think. I found two cuts on her back and I dont know what's caused them so she gets a check-up.

Yep, I use Hallam Vets too - they are really good in a emergency, twice now I've had to ring up and go along just out of hours and they have both held back to see me and only charged the usual rate (rather than the out of hours fee :shock: )

Lucy is really very good with rabbits and it's well worth requesting an appointment with her :thumb: I really like the tall vet as well, although I can never remember his name (Tim, maybe? :oops: awful that I can never remember :oops: )

Their actual out of hours practise is further away I think (near Meadowhall?! Do Becca or Nicola know..?).. it's a Vets Now clinic.

yeah the out of hours clinic is near don valley.

I've never had any complaints about hallam vets, they know their stuff about buns and piggies

My vets have switched to using Vets Now too, I thought it was in Attercliffe?

Very very inconvenient :? :? :? Although they do have Saturday and Sunday surgeries now instead.

My vets have switched to using Vets Now too, I thought it was in Attercliffe?

Very very inconvenient :? :? :? Although they do have Saturday and Sunday surgeries now instead.

Is Don Valley next to Attercliffe (I'm useless at where places I don't know are)? Isn't it where the PDSA are?

Hallam Vets do Saturday and Sunday morning surgeries too which I've had to make use of a few times. :?

Is Don Valley next to Attercliffe (I'm useless at where places I don't know are)? Isn't it where the PDSA are?

Hallam Vets do Saturday and Sunday morning surgeries too which I've had to make use of a few times. :?

yes, it's fairly close to the PDSA building I think, it's on one of the industrial estates.

I've been to hallam vets at the weekend too, it's very good because if it's urgent they just say come down and we'll see you now

I'm not too impressed with them. I went and registered and got an appointment with them the same day which I was impressed with. However, it took them two hours to actually get the job done and then when I got him back they'd "found" a cut on his behind and claimed that Charm must have done it himself so they've given him a stitch. Only...Charm doesn't have front eth AND he never touches his bottom which is WHY it's in such a state in the first place.

*sigh* I wish my old vet would just follow me around when I move. Deepcar is too far to take a bunny and I've yet to find anywhere as good :(

So now Charm's on an insanely large dosage of baytril, which I think is too large and so un nessicary as he isn't in pain. I'd know if he were. Plus the wound looks fresh when they showed it to me.

I swear if you want to test a vet just get me to go. I seem to be having no luck at all with recomended vets.

So now Charm's on an insanely large dosage of baytril, which I think is too large and so un nessicary as he isn't in pain. I'd know if he were. Plus the wound looks fresh when they showed it to me.

I swear if you want to test a vet just get me to go. I seem to be having no luck at all with recomended vets.

Ive only just seen this but baytril is an antibiotic not a pain killer so they may be worried the cut will get infected due to his messy bottom habits.

I dont know who else to suggest really as they are all quite far from you.

I'm not too impressed with them. I went and registered and got an appointment with them the same day which I was impressed with. However, it took them two hours to actually get the job done and then when I got him back they'd "found" a cut on his behind and claimed that Charm must have done it himself so they've given him a stitch. Only...Charm doesn't have front eth AND he never touches his bottom which is WHY it's in such a state in the first place.

*sigh* I wish my old vet would just follow me around when I move. Deepcar is too far to take a bunny and I've yet to find anywhere as good :(

Which vet did you see?

Back