• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Preparing for an arrival..... (warning pic overload!) Hutch Leaking!!!!

mrs munkee

Mama Doe
I thought some of you might like to see my set up before it gets turned upside down by a certain little pair who'll hopefully coming tomorrow. As its my first set up I hope it all looks ok. please tell me what you think,but don't be too harsh :D

bunnies003.jpg
[/IMG]

bunnies001.jpg
[/IMG]

bunnies002.jpg
[/IMG]

And here's the rain shield I made
bunnies006.jpg

My dodgy diy skills :lol: I could not get these screws to go in!
bunnies009.jpg

Last edited:
Brilliant work!!! Good idea about padlocks too! ;) Now all you need is the tinkers!!! I cant wait for pics :lol: :lol:
So glad they are going to a great home. Can I come to visit them? x x x

I love the blue water shield! Great idea, they will love it xxx

I saw someone else on here do something similar a few months back. Since the hutch has been up a week or so I noticed the run can easily get quite wet and the front of the hutch is quite exposed to. Don't know how long it will last, but will keep the worst of the wind and rain out and is cheap enough to replace :D

very nice indeed :)

they gonna be spoiled it looks like.... so tidy too theyll soon sort that :lol: :lol: :lol:

hopefully mid afternoon, but i'll be stuck at work and hubby will have to deal with them. they'll get popped into the hutch and the bunnies will stare at hubby and hubby will stare at them and they'll all be as confused as each other :lol: :lol: :lol:

nah he's not that bad, but will def leave most of the bunny husbandry to me. he will be learning how to do bum checks and grooming though :D

hopefully mid afternoon, but i'll be stuck at work and hubby will have to deal with them. they'll get popped into the hutch and the bunnies will stare at hubby and hubby will stare at them and they'll all be as confused as each other :lol: :lol: :lol:

nah he's not that bad, but will def leave most of the bunny husbandry to me. he will be learning how to do bum checks and grooming though :D

Good!!!!! I would phone in sick :lol: :lol: But im naughty! Pics by 8 then ok? Can you tell im excited for you? Have you met them yet?? x x

Well done :)

I wonder if the run and the front of the hutch would benefit from a second lot of galvanised mesh :? Sort of 'double meshing' as opposed to double glazing !! I am just thinking it might make the accomodation more predator proof :?

Janex

hmm, something to consider. thanks Jane.

i'll get piccies as soon as i can, but i might not get a chance to come on here till sat evening - it the last episode of tudors 2mo, which will give me an excuse to come in and let the buns settle in. then i'm at work on sat, again probably a good thing as the buns won't be pestered all day :D

Its looking good..... make sure the roof has an extra catch on it too, someone had their roof blow off!:shock:

Are they with you yet Mrs Munkee??? :wave:
Arent they such little cuties? Enjoy the mischief of them both :lol: :lol:
x x x

Well the bunnies arrived - a little later than expected. I rushed home from work expecting two cute little bundles to be waiting for me, but no little fluffs were there :shock: . hubby said cheryl had just called him to say they'd be about twenty minutes - they'd been late leaving and the traffic was very bad.

Eventually a car pulled up and the two fluffiest little balls were deposited into their new home. they hopped about, munching on hay and having a good nose about. they then dissapeared into the bedroom obviously a little nervous about the new house and the two strange hummans staring in at them. i gave them a bowl with a torn up cabbage leaf in and Cadbury was straight in munching away. Minstrel (formerly known as lambchop - i'm sorry but she simply can't keep that name:D ) stayed in the bedroom. she was a little more nervous than her brother who only seemed interested in food.

I've left them to settle for now and i look forward to getting to know them in the next few days. I promise i'll post piccies tomorrow :D

Well the bunnies arrived - a little later than expected. I rushed home from work expecting two cute little bundles to be waiting for me, but no little fluffs were there :shock: . hubby said cheryl had just called him to say they'd be about twenty minutes - they'd been late leaving and the traffic was very bad.

Eventually a car pulled up and the two fluffiest little balls were deposited into their new home. they hopped about, munching on hay and having a good nose about. they then dissapeared into the bedroom obviously a little nervous about the new house and the two strange hummans staring in at them. i gave them a bowl with a torn up cabbage leaf in and Cadbury was straight in munching away. Minstrel (formerly known as lambchop - i'm sorry but she simply can't keep that name:D ) stayed in the bedroom. she was a little more nervous than her brother who only seemed interested in food.

I've left them to settle for now and i look forward to getting to know them in the next few days. I promise i'll post piccies tomorrow :D

Are they bro and sis? I didnt realise this, they are so not alike!! I like the name minstrel, but I know her as Lambchop :lol:
Glad they are settling in! Speak soon enjoy tudors x x

Fantastic set up :D. i would put the rain sheild down so it covers front of top so rain and wind dont get in sides, and id put a bit more hay/straw in for warmth in winter, but its fantastic and i cant wait for piccies of bunsters:D:D:D:D xx

Set up is looking fab.. but wheres all the photos of the new arrivals?? Have you had a try at grooming little Minstrel yet? They are just both so cuddly.. bet thats what you are up to eh??? Come on... WE WANT PHOTOS!!!!:D

Hi all! Sorry to keep you waiting! I logged on last night but the forum was down. I 've got some pictures of their first morning with us, then yesterday evening as it was very cold and wet we brought them into the kitchen for a run round and a play.

We had so much fun! Cadbury is so inquisitive and he loves hubby and kept jumping on his lap for cuddles! Minstrel was more nervous and kept trying to hide in the back of the hutch, but once i got her in she didn't struggle and was quite content to sit on my lap while i pulled the bits of hay out of her coat and gave her a little brush. Then we let them play. Cadbury loves the hay expert baskets and minstrel just bombled about like a little stray cloud :D. it was really good as we all got to know each other a little better, but on a slightly bad note it turns out poor hubby is allergic to them :shock: !!!! I'm the one who's normally allergic to animal fur, but i'm absolutely fine. He's not letting it bother him though.

then this morning i decided to give their bedroom a quick clean out to encourage them to use the litter tray and i discovered the hutch had leaked :shock: . Poor buns! yesterday was the first really heavy rain we've had for ages, but it was only by chance that i noticed really. Turns out one of the shiplap boards isn't sitting snug with the one next to it so water could get in, but we've now sealed it with sealent and an email will be going to happy hutch.

Anyway, here are the pics so enjoy :D

Bunnies015.jpg

Bunnies017.jpg

Bunnies018.jpg

Bunnies019.jpg

P1020165.jpg

YAY!!!!! Hello to all of you!!! They are great buns arent they? Sorry to hear about hubby been allergic and the hutch leaking :? I hope you get the hutch sorted, I used to be allergic to hay but after having horses and buns I havent a choice hehe :lol:
So pleased they are settling in great! I really love these two, are they nosy and into everything? I hope you have many happy times together x x x :wave:

Last edited:
Back