• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny sounds

Bavarian Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
What kind of sounds do your bunnies make? Most of mine are not making any. Luna once screamed when I picked her up without a warning. Snoopy growls or grunts when he is very hungry and I reach into the hutch.
Cloud makes these funny little sounds when he gets excited. When we come towards the dog crate, he starts jumping up and down like a dog, and the sounds he makes sound like a duck, whistled through the nose. One of my previous bunnies did the same when she circled around me. It sounds very funny.

Hm... my first rabbit, Benji (female bunny) used to make a soft, honking sound when she snuggled up next to me... My current two can be rather noisy. o_o Barney swears at my poor mum. Really, the grunting noise sounds like he's using appalling language... he won't let her pick him up, but runs all over, making these sounds... And Amber makes a quiter version when she's excited, wants feeding and I'm just not acting quick enough for her liking.

sooty wimpers when you pick him up (which he doesn't like) and when you give him food (which he does like) and does major teeth grinding when you stroke him. He used to honk but it's gone since his neuter. Rosie squeaks when scared or excited and grinds her teeth a bit. Honey is pretty much as quiet as a mouse but she does wag her tail.

Rowan does a sort of tooth grinding click thing when I pet her, thats the only noise shes ever made. My rabbit Willow used to run in circles with a bit of straw in his mouth while making a sort of soft grunting noise.

Flynn was a 'honker' which would get louder when he was running around. My kids then moaned at me and accused me of 'breaking' him, after he was neutered as the honking stopped.:( He now makes a soft whisper almost a whistle.:lol:

My bunnies make quite a wide array of noises! But the CUTEST noise is one that my precious Timmy makes......when he is really happy or excited, he makes a chicken noise!!!!!:shock: :lol: :lol:

Bobbin does the buzzing noise, usually when he's circling our feet or when chasing us around the room! :love:

When he leans round to groom his back he makes a slight squeeking noise, almost as if he's trying to stretch too far! :? :lol:

One noise that I'm kinda unsure about is whilst he's eating, almost like a slight cough or grunt. I can't tell if it's normal or if he's simply excited whilst he's eating. It might be something I need to check out :?

Miles grunts - all the time! He's such a grumpy little :censored: !!!! The others don't make any noises apart from gently grinding their teeth when being petted.

AMETHYST

Snoopy sometimes grinds his teeth when I am doing something in or near the hutch. It's a very short grinding, just part of a second, but quite loud. Penny has never made any sound, and the only thing you can hear from Luna is her constant munching.
Sunnie made some short grunting noises when she was being chased by Penny, usually followed by thumping. She's quiet now that she is on her own. Cloud is like a little bumble bee, hopefully Sunnie won't mind.

All my male bunnies are silent but all the girls grunt if you pick them up. Wallace growls when you take her food bowl. Zinzan growls and holds on to my trouser leg when I go in to feed her. Michelle just sort of squeeks when I pick her up. Melanie growls and I swear it sounds like she's saying "Blah!" but my boyfriend thinks its more like "Hmph!" She's started doing a warning snort when I've got her picked up which gives me about 15 seconds till she starts grunting and struggling!!

Of my present bunnies, I have Winston who makes the 'oo' 'oo' noise when he's excited, and Smokey who grunts and growls when she's peed off.

The only noises mine make are 'chewing on things we should be chewing on' and 'chewing on things we shouldn't be chewing on' :lol:

Both of mine grunt and grind their teeth.

Kira is very vocal though, especially when eating something yummy like a bit of banana or a cherry tomato, it sounds like a HUGE.... YUUUUUUUUMMMMYYYYY :lol: :lol:

Oh and when she yawns she also makes the yawn noise :lol:

Bertie makes these clicks like a Dolphin, and has only just started to Purr with his teeth. He growls a fair bit, and Humphs when he Thumps!

All 3 of my bunnies tend to grunt alot. Missy is the worst though as she grunts all the time especially when chasing me.

Bunbuns makes a popping kind of sound when he's excited to (especially when there are treats of the fruit variety involved)

Bunny tends to just grunt when hes happy and grinds his teeth.

Guinness used to be very silent, apart from when i had to give him medicine and he made the most awful honking noise, he obviously weren't happy! But recently i have noticed he has become quite vocal, he has started making squeking noises when he eats and is being petted, its so adorable!

Back