• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wild Bunnies

Finally I have some people who might be interested to see this picture!

I took it at the stables one day when turning my horse out...

CRIM0263.jpg

We have lots and lots of wild black bunnies round there. I once saw a little black baby one sat under a trailer, it was absolutely tiny. Is that unusual?

Often the rabbits are quite tame and wander around whilst you are riding, waiting to scare the horses :p.

xxx

oh wow, I have hundred's of rabbits surrounding my house, but ive never seen a black one:shock:
Sallyx

wow thats amazing may sound a stupid question but where does the black come from, I thought all wild buns were the same.
Sallyx

wow thats amazing may sound a stupid question but where does the black come from, I thought all wild buns were the same.
Sallyx

Sometimes there are natural colour variations but usually these variations make the bunnies stand out to predators meaning they're eaten before they can reproduce and make more different coloured bunnies. Natural selection, basically. :)

AMETHYST

Sallyx

The ones near me look like someone has relseased their pet in with them - there was one big black bun and a handful of baby black ones in with all the wild normal ones.

Once when I was out riding I saw a huge black bunny in a field with lop ears. So perhaps they are influenced by an escaped pet?

xxx

Someone who used to go shooting said he knew people who would release a white bunny to breed with the wild bunnies as they were easier to see at night :cry:

Sometimes there are natural colour variations but usually these variations make the bunnies stand out to predators meaning they're eaten before they can reproduce and make more different coloured bunnies. Natural selection, basically. :)

AMETHYST

oh ok thanks hun:D :D

Back