• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tim- Biting!

Amy & Amber

Staff member
Can anyone help? Tim has started to bite? He has biten me twice today once on the bum when I was sweeping the floor with the dust pan, :lol: it really did hurt me. Then he bit my thigh when I was playing with Amber. Do you think its an attention thing? I play with both of them together- so one doesnt get more attention than the other. He has never biten before? How can I stop this? x x
:(

Sorry but I did laugh when I read he bit you on the bum:oops:

If he's not growling when he does it and doesnt appear to be aggressive in any other way, then I would say its for attention. Gizmo has bitten a couple of times if Ive been sitting on the floor and he wants me to get out of his way:roll: I do say "no" loudly at them if they do it, not entirely sure whether it works, but you could try it.

Sorry but I did laugh when I read he bit you on the bum:oops:

If he's not growling when he does it and doesnt appear to be aggressive in any other way, then I would say its for attention. Gizmo has bitten a couple of times if Ive been sitting on the floor and he wants me to get out of his way:roll: I do say "no" loudly at them if they do it, not entirely sure whether it works, but you could try it.

:lol: :lol: Theres a big massive chunk out of my pjs and my bum! :oops:
He doesnt show aggression/or any growling. But odd how he has just started it :? I said "no" very loud and pointed which I have done from day one, then ten mins later he bit my thigh? Hes a little tinker at the minute especially when he doesnt get his own way. I guess its attention like you said. Thanks x x

if he does it or attention squeal very loudly & then say no. The squeal lets him know he's hurt you.

Shadow does that when he's on the scrounge for treats, or if I'm in his way.. not very nice is it!

Ahhh he may have been thinking I was giving Amber treats on the sly? I wasnt though and that doesnt explain the big chunk out of my bum! :evil: :evil: x x x

I still have problems with my dutch x who keeps lunging and growling at me, it's horrible I panic everytime I have to get her out:lol: :lol:

Well... This is his first time of biting? Dont understand it-:roll: :? I know what you mean we used to have a horse that kicked alot i was always scared to clean his feet out. x x

aww he is probrably a bit jealous, my rabbit once bit my hubby's bum, he said it really hurt.
Sallyx

I bit my Dad's bum when I was 2 apparently.. I'm told I had been told off and I bit his bum whilst he was doing the washing up :lol: Maybe he's taking revenge for being told off? :lol: :lol:

I bit my Dad's bum when I was 2 apparently.. I'm told I had been told off and I bit his bum whilst he was doing the washing up :lol: Maybe he's taking revenge for being told off? :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I did tell him off for biting a box that doesnt belong to me last nite so maybe its true!!

I hit my dad round the head with a cricket bat when I was younger! He bowled me out and I wasnt to happy about it. So he got a good clonk :lol: :lol: x x x

I've been bit for many reasons:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Theo bit me all the time because he thought I was food:shock:

Bunnykins bit me because she was hormonal

Lilys bit me because she hates being picked up

chocis bit me to get me to move out the way and if I'm cuddling him and he needs the loo:lol:

Baby does it if shes bored or needs the loo

Holly bit me to be put down in her hutch this evening:lol:

don't remember if mickey or lucy bit me, they might have at some point:lol:

Back