• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do i stop him weeing on the rug?

Morning All

Well magic has just receovered from a urine infection, but he seems to associate the sofa and rug as places he can wee.

When he is in the hutch he manages to get it in his litter tray but last night he weeed twice on the rug and don't know how to show/tell him he can't

Thanks
Amanda & Magic

remove rug in the short term and wash or dry clean. If you can clean the covers of your sofa do so or do a good spot clean with something smelly. Give him a couple of extra litter trays, maybe one on the sofa and one near the rug whilst he's getting back in the habbit, and pop a little urine soaked litter in so he gets the idea.

I never managed to get mine to not wee on the rug so I just had to take it out :rolleyes: sorry, not much help.

Thanks for the info

I have cleaned the rug and sofa has a throw so not to bad. Was just a bit confused as he wasn't doing this before his infection and we have had the rug about 3 months.

Also he has peeded on the sofa even after washing oh well.

Thanks
Amanda & Magic

My bunny does this sometimes but i find just shifting his litter tray into each room with him and making sure the lil chap dosent get excited seems to stop him :roll: :lol:

He probably needs time too though. It took sooty nearly a month after his bladder infection/EC problem to get full control again.....when ever I cam back from work I had to sprint to the litter tray with some food becuase he peed when excited.

Back