• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Donkey boy needs you!**Update 13th Dec**

Isabel

Warren Veteran
Now also known as Mo.

Unfortunately little Mo (not anything to do with stenders!) has been poorly since he came to live with us on Saturday.

What we thought was going to be a simple burr turned out to be three teeth needing to be removed under GA.

The poor guy has been to the vets everyday this week. He's not going in today but he has to go tomorrow for some more anti-biotics and painkiller.

I'm syringe feeding him every two hours as he hasn't really eaten since he got back from his op (called the vet this morning who said this is to be expected).

He's also developed conjunctivitis in both eyes so he does look a very sorry state.

So please send lots of loving vibes to Mo man. He really needs everything he can get.

Last edited:
how about some mashed banana?

Tried it even before he wouldn't eat anything and he turned his nose up at it. He said he doesn't eat 'foreign' food and next I'll be offering him garlic bread.

I think he's hd such a limited diet for four years that he doesn't know what a lot of stuff is. He's had apple, porridge and spring greens and pellets of course but anything else I've tried him with he seems confused by. :? I'll keep going with different things though, I'd rather he ate on his own as syringe feeding is just going to stress him further.

oh dear. I gave mine a little bit of mango for an extra special treat and they just sniffed it for 2 hours before trying it as they were like what the :censored: is that. They liked it in the end though.

oh dear. I gave mine a little bit of mango for an extra special treat and they just sniffed it for 2 hours before trying it as they were like what the :censored: is that. They liked it in the end though.
:lol: :lol: He's had some banana in his run for a bit, maybe its not mushed up enough. Nurse Isabel is on her way!

Get well soon Mo :wave: (much prefer the name Mo to Donkey Boy:lol: )
:lol: me too

Well I've just made a plate of mushed up banana, apple and chopped tomatoe and greens and come into his room to trying and coax him to eat some and he's absolutely fast asleep :love:

Ok very confused! He's just woken up and eaton a cc poo but he still won't eat any other food :?

Awww I'm sorry to hear little Mo (like the name btw) has been poorly.... really hope this is the end of his troubles and he gets well really soon.

Oh dear

Poor little donkey boy, hope he realises that by being as stubborn as a "mule" by not eating properly he's only making an "ass" of himself. So tell him to stop "horsing" around and eat something.

Back