• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House bunny beds.

Pink Badger

Warren Scout
A question for those of you with house bunnies who don't have cages.
What do your bunnies sleep in?

I have 2 french lops who currently have a wooden run shelter that they sleep in but this only just fits them now, and they are growning so fast. They like to snuggle up in something and always sleep in there. I remember seeing pictures of lovely wooden house with a little roof terrace. I have no idea if these are very practical or where to buy them.

Any ideas?

Mine have a cage, but it has no door so they are never shut in it. But they never really seem to sleep anywhere at night, if I wake up in the night I always peek at what they're up to, and they just seem to be either laying on our rug or on the sofa. I often wondered if they should be in a bed at night, but they seem quite happy with how things are!

they are such lazy buns in the day I doubt they want to sleep at night!

cardboard box (its a hard life) and their carrier. They don't have anything like vet bed in it because they just kick it out and seem to like chilling on cold surfaces anyway.

Mine just have door mats that were bought especially for them and regularly washed. I've tried them with all sorts of cosy beds, but for some reason they always wee on them! :roll:

Mine prefer sleeping under the bed or just out on the carpet in their favourite spot :) Usually within sight of where I keep the treats just in case I get them out :lol:

At the moment my bunnies really like to have something to sleep in. They always lie on top of each other, I haven't seen them sleep anywhere else. They are only 12 weeks and still settling in, so it may change as the grow up. I love the idea of them just sleeping anywhere.
The do have a cardboard box which they love remodeling, but I haven't seen them sleep in it.
I have a dog bed which I tried but they just think it's a litter tray. I shouldn't complain as they never wee or poop on my floor.

Alvin seems to like the chill of the base of his crate, with vetbed as a tunnel over his head... i did get him a cat bed thing but he only goes inthere to avoid being picked up by ste :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Charm has a kitty bed. It's kinda like a log made out of material with a cushion inside. I shall be getting new bunny something similar too. And of course there's the 4ft hutch should they require solice from me ^_^

Charlie at the moment lies under a wicker chair in his room. I've put towels under it to make it more comfortable for him but tbh he tends to dig them out and just sleep on the carpet. I intend to buy him a proper 'bed' from the PDSA shop but not sure if he will sleep on it (it's like a cuddly mat) i think it's more for my peace of mind that I've supplied him with things to be warm - if he doesn't want them then obviously he is OK!!!

Lexie has a £1.99 small fabric dog bed from wilkinsons. She flops out inside it and rests her head on the fur edge so she can see without having to hold her head up :roll:

Lazy but cute.

I have heard that dog baskets are good, i am going to get my French lop one when he gets bigger. They like to chew on them so it should ditract them from chewing anything else!

Back