• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Difficulty getting exercise

Jennie Wright

Warren Scout
I have four rabbits, 2 bonded couples both in 6x2 hutches over 6x6ft runs. Due to the dark evening and all the blooming rain, we are having I am having trouble as I don't seem to be able to get them out for a run in the garden without them getting soaked or running round in a garden thats only lite by lights I have put up. Bearing in mind the size of my runs, should I be as worried as I am????? Feel really guilty about them being stuck in all the time. What do others think? They have plenty of toys in the runs.

i have the same prob at the mo with my two. they are house buns but we have to supervise play as mady likes eating the phone wire and moses has found his teeth :roll:

Its a nightmare, get soaked giving them their food and they are wanting to come out and they can't, feel like a cruel mum!

I don't think you should be worried at all :D 6ft x 6ft runs are fine. It's better to keep them in runs than have to worry about foxes if you let them out in the dark. :shock:

Good, did think they were a good size but they so love the garden. Will relax a bit now, just get so fed up with this weather!

I think if you make sure they use the space then the runs are fine :) Bigger than average even :)

A treat ball would keep them running about and things to jump on/off so they make best use of the space they have.

Tam

I think if you make sure they use the space then the runs are fine :) Bigger than average even :)

A treat ball would keep them running about and things to jump on/off so they make best use of the space they have.

Tam

Well no worries there mine are in a playhouse and have 3 levels:lol:

i use tarpaulin to keep them dry but also put those woode sticks in that u can ben for a tunnel, and some long material tunnels to, so they play alot 'under' stuff :D

Yep, got them covered so they are cosy and dry its just me getting wet - sounds about right doesn't it! Pleased general feeling is runs are good enough, you never know when its a new experience do you! Thanks for all advise. Praying for some dry weather though soon, would be nice ah!
jennie

It is a problem at this time of year! I know when we've had a long wet spell (the cold doesn't bother them), Barley doesn't seem to exericse as well and just starts to look depressed (I'm hoping him having a shed now will help as it gives a larger inside space - but only time will tell!). I'm trying to think of a way that I can eaily cover the run?

It's not just rabbits that don't like the weather, I know both cats I've had start to go mad when it rains for a couple of days... they cry to go out, but won't as it's raining, then straight away they cry to go out again, I'm like "I can't stop it raining for you!!". They've had whole house to expore but they want to be ouside!

Role on spring, that's what I say!!!

Hannah

Back