• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does Size Matter?

Grace and Louis

Warren Scout
A lovely RU member is going to help me bond Grace and Louis but something another lady said to me a few months ago keeps bothering me.

She said that because Grace was twice Louis size it may not be possible to bond them. Is this true? Should I brace myself for not being able to have 2 happy bunnies living together and what do I do if I cant bond them? Do I get one of them a new friend that is more appropriate in size and keep the other as a house rabbit or do I just put them in seperate hutches in the garden.......if it were up to me they wouldnt be going anywhere near the garden to live but my boyfriend isnt backing down and we are still trying to negotiate winter accomidation rules.

I think the character is much more important than the size. Size is only a problem if the bigger bunny is very dominant and humps and bullies the other one too much.

Size is only an issue with certain rabbits, e.g one that is small, disabled or had a brittle bone structure would not do well with a large fiesty rabbit.

However I have to agree that character is so much more important.

When they have been put together the one that trys to dominate seems to be Louis and not Grace...they do seem interested in each other. I think I have video of when they had a breif meet on the bed ... At the moment Grace bounces on the floor and Louis bounces on the bed if they need to be out at the same time as Louis will stay on the bed and Grace rarely comes up here.

Last edited:
Nomad and Sarah say 'size doesn't matter'!!

Picture1700.jpg

Morse and Libby agree

Picture1707.jpg

IMO it is the Bun's characters that determine if a bonding will work

Janex :D

Gorgeous pics everyone!!!
Can't help as my pairs are about the same size - more luck than choice.
Hope the bonding goes well.

Back