• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Infractions

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
I thought (okay well the mods) that I should mention we've set up automatic temporary bans for naughty people.

If you get 3 infraction points you'll automatically get a 7 day ban.

Most infractions equal 1 point, but attacks equal 2.

So the first infraction will serve as a warning and the second/third will be a temporary exclusion.

So, play nice guys :)

Tamsin

When you say automatic, does that mean if someones reports a post that you've written, will that be an automatic infraction or is it something that a mod/admin has to decide?

How long does an infraction take to expire?

Do you get a message when you get an infraction?

An infraction is given manually by a mod. It has an expiry date (10-30 days) and a points value. The automatic part is adding up the points.

So for example if you posted inappropriate content 3 times within 30 days - and were given infractions, that would get you an automatic 7 day ban.

Yes, you receive a pm when you get an infraction and you can view in on your profile (other members can't see it). It explains what it's for and when it expires.

Tam

what sort of things are big no nos ? not planning to be naughty but i dont want to inccur an infraction especially as dont really understand what it means or how the points work edited : i think i understand basically u mean dont break any forum rules else we get strikes against our names? right?

Last edited:
Does that mean no more bob discussions

looks like it then, no more buzzzzzzzzing on the forum:no: :lol: :lol:

Just got a few queries on the how and when you become an infractor member Tam:lol:

Make personal attacks (including insults, threats or accusations) towards other members or the admin team.

when is a personal attach or insult actually an attack or an insult if for instance members are just viewing their personal disaproval at a member who has say, had a rescue help them out by taking their buns to then go and buy more from a petshop, or say, someone has rehomed their animals in RIN due to health problems to then go and get more from a petshop or breeder. Does this mean we have to slap them on the back and say well done for helping the pet shop bun or breeders casts off despite members helping them to rehome the ones they could not cope with or is it seen as a personal insult attack if a member wishes to voice their concerns over the actions that they have taken regarding rehoming and then buying more? are we justified in allowing such members to feel free to advertise in RIN the ones they either cannot care for or cannot afford to keep to then watch them take more on, and worse, the ones they take on are not even supporting a rescue:( should we at least be advising them not to take them or reminding them of their circumstances without it being taken as a personal attack or insult?

I can honestly say it is rather fustrating to see members using the RIN to rehome to other members to then go on and purchase more buns, how are we helping rabbit welfare and rescues if we give them a slap on the back for rehoming and then buying:( :(

Post, incite debate or send unsolicited PM's about your organisation, product or services (including the sale of livestock). The forum does not allow advertising. However, you may post a text link to your website in your signature.

I think the problem with the 'Post, incite debate' is that all debatable topic's end up heated due to the fact they are debatable and have a varying degree of different opinions but, some debatable topic's have been started seperately rather than the poster post their thoughts on some-ones topic's so that others can input their own views on the same subject, is this not another form of trying to educate some members rather than arguing on that members topic that instigated the seperate debatable topic ;) :D

Hi Denny,

It's hard to give specific answers to your questions because a lot depends on context.

when is a personal attach or insult actually an attack or an insult

Partly depends on the language and tone of your post. For example if you were expressing disapproval because someone had rehomed their rabbits and was contemplating getting more then you could post:

a. I think your an evil cow with no concern for animals, I hope you drop dead.

b. Are you sure that's it's a good idea to get more animals so soon after you rehomed your previous ones? Perhaps you could consider fostering so that the rescue covers any expensive vet bills that arise. It's not really a good idea to go to pet shops because they don't health check.

a = attack, b = fine

Does this mean we have to slap them on the back and say well done

Nope, you've always got the option not to say anything at all. After all, if it's a done deed and they already know about rescues and the alternative options and went for a pet shop anyway, you yelling after the fact isn't going to make any difference.

Another option to consider is pm-ing people privately. If you've noticed a concern then it might be better to politely pm them and raise it rather than draw everyone's attention to it in public.

I think the problem with the 'Post, incite debate'

That's specifically about advertising. So no posting about your new rabbit product or posting a debate designed to promote it. e.g. My rabbits really chilly what can I do.... I know I'll use the new rabbit wooly jumper I invented.... you can buy them from me for 9.99 ;)

You're allowed to generally post and debate, that's sort of the point of the forum :D

cheers Tam:thumb: :D very well explained :D

Can I also ask, can anyone report a post and the poster get an infraction or is it upto the topic starter to report a post in their topic before an infraction is issued?

No, anyone can report a post. That flags it up to me and the mods who decide whether it warrants an infraction or not. So if you think something is breaking the rules just click the report button :)

This is a good idea, but people just need to make sure when they mean no harm they word it proper, and sorry tamsin but i find this so funny -

a. I think your an evil cow with no concern for animals, I hope you drop dead.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: As its not aimed at anyone!!

Back