• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fighting girlys!

my two female rabbits (patch & turbo) are fighting, they both live in a hutch inside and they have now fort three times now we separate them each time i have divided thier hutch in half too so they do not fight while we are at work.

we have had them since about 8 weeks old now there around 14-16 weeks and im told now there both at that age they are trying to do the 'deed' and ultimatly they end up fighting they were so good together untill now,

we will get them spayed asap but will they go back together and be friends again???????????????????????? and will they still fight ???
will we have to keep them separate forever?

please help!!!

thanx

You should be able to rebond them once they are neutered and the hormones have died down. I had the same with my two boy buns, they had some nasty fights and had to be separated temporarily. They rebonded fine after their ops. I would suggest to make the rebonding easier that whilst your waiting for the ops to be done and for a few weeks after, you put the in separate runs next to each other so they can still see one another but cant do any damage to each other.

I had this about a month ago. my girls have since been seperated and spayed and hoping to rebond soon.

they are just hormonal. x

Back