• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

someone please stop me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
:( there is an opal butterfly nini lop doe free to good home as the breeder no longer wants her, she is beautiful and i feel so sorry for her, the stupid breeder just got bord of breeding :(

Well seeing as you asked, my genuine opinion is that you shouldn't get her. I think you should put your time and money into the pets you already have.

i know, i just feel sorry for the poor girl,a nd maybe she'd be a better friend for Blue.
Just to make sure there are no mis-understandings, I haven't said I'm getting her :D

Can you really give her the time and space she needs if you cant bond her with any of your buns? Its a really important thing to think about hun :D

I have had trouble deciding what to do now Buu and Beau arent going to be living together and definetly wouldnt have enough room to take on another bun if that one wouldnt bond either :D

Also what does your mum say? I am just assuming she is paying vet bills?

Hi :)
Thanks for your replies :D
I posted about seperating Blue and Magic on Sunday, Blue is a weak and fragile rabbit and my vet told me he'd probably never have much energy or strength because of the amount of weight he loses each time his teeth go wrong and he needs a dentle. Magic is a very bouncy doe and is always sitting and standing on poor old Blue, and in teh time it takes for blue to eat a mouth ful of pellets Magic has already eaten the majority of them. So I seperated them and within a few days I can no longer feel his spine as he gets about 2 bowls of pellets a day. He always seems worse when he is with Magic, adn she is alot bigger than him so my mum thought he'd be better with a bunny his own size.

It was mum's idea to find another doe but I wasn't sure until I saw this add. I would be able to accomodate anotehr bun if they didn't bond, but as longa s she is docile there wouldn't be much of a problem, Blue gets on with any thing and any one he has ever ahd contact with :lol:

Beth, You amaze me! We all want to help rabbits but it gets to a point when you arent actually helping them at all :? I agree with the others - put your time and energy into the pets you already have!!!

Last edited:
where does your mum get all the money for all the rabbits and Guinea Pigs im broke with just 2 rabbits :shock: if blue is fragile i do think he would be better on his own as this doe could be just as bouncy and piggy as magic. just my opinion really :D

And Im Sorry but how contradictry is this?!! :roll:

:love: I love her! http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=10314
I am not getting another bunny, but sadly little Blue will never be bonded with the others, he has and probably always be a weak bunny, as soon as his teeth get abit sharp he can't eat and weight falls off him within a day or two. He is a very fagile bunny, adn even if you think he would be okay, I know how I want my bunnies to live :)

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=110306

where does your mum get all the money for all the rabbits and Guinea Pigs im broke with just 2 rabbits :shock: if blue is fragile i do think he would be better on his own as this doe could be just as bouncy and piggy as magic. just my opinion really :D

It's not just my mum who pays, i save up £10 a week for them.
I'ts just that Blue loves rabbit company.

anyway, I have made my mind up now, case closed :)

what's wrong with that? I was looking on RR and thought she'd be great for Blue, I never said I was getting a rabbit.

what's wrong with that? I was looking on RR and thought she'd be great for Blue, I never said I was getting a rabbit.

not having a go but magis isnt spayed is she? if she was she wud be calmer...and then may be able to bond with blue? worth trying that first.

not having a go but magis isnt spayed is she? if she was she wud be calmer...and then may be able to bond with blue? worth trying that first.

I am going to get them spayed eitehr just before or just after cjristmas :)
most likey after christmas, but I wanted them to live in a group of 5 but as Blue isn't strong enough for that I wanted to put Magic, Asbeau, Holly and Basil in a group of four (once the irld ahev been spayed)

It's totally your decision, but can I suggest that you choose any prospective partner for Blue very carefully.

You can't really tell what a rabbit is going to be like from a short free-ad, or even a description on RR.

If you need a quiet, calm, non-aggressive rabbit for Blue then you really need to be contacting rescues directly to see if they have a suitable match. Otherwise you could end up with lots of single rabbits.

When I needed a female companion for my old bunny Winston, I knew I had to find a similar old, gentle female...not get whichever rabbit *I* happened to fall in love with.

Good luck if you decide to get a new bunny. :D

Amy

I'm not sure what i'm doing, all I know is i'm waiting until after christmas to make a proper descision :)

Whats actually wrong with Blue? He has teeth probs? :?

yes, and when his teeth become bad he loses an awful lot of weight and teh vet thinks he had soem sort of injury when he was younger as he sitis hunched up and his back legs are faster than his front legs when he walks and he falls over quite alot.

could you have Blues teeth removed and feed him mushed food? it will probably be better on blue if his teeth are causing many problems for him, has your vet checked blues ears for ear mites and his brain (not sure how they do that :?) as these can cause a mis balance (head tilt) in rabbits hense why blue is falling over.

could you have Blues teeth removed and feed him mushed food? it will probably be better on blue if his teeth are causing many problems for him, has your vet checked blues ears for ear mites and his brain (not sure how they do that :?) as these can cause a mis balance (head tilt) in rabbits hense why blue is falling over.

he doesn't constantly fall over, he can just over balance is he moves to fast, the vets put it down to soem sort of back/hind legs injury.
I'm not sure about having his teeth removed, is it risky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back