• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does a name make a difference....

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
just wondering what people think about bunny names for rescue bunnies .

Do particular types of names make people look?

Do cute or funny or un usual names make a bun more likely to be chosen ...?

just wondered what everyone thinks.:? :? :roll: :roll:

Well I think I was drawn to Jem because of her photo and name - I knew she must a been a little diamond;)

Not sure my Flopsy has the right name - think Romeo or Houdini may have suited him better.:lol:

A lot of people think they cant, or should feel bad, changing a rabbits name and therefor will chose a rabbit with a name they like.

I hate cliched names like Peter or Benjamin or Roger and tend to go for unusual names myself (hence Caspian, Maverick, Lexie, Scout & Marley).

Fiver is the exception....he was a whim petshop buy and I hadn't given his name a lot of thought :?

I like names that suit the bun :D Some of mine have funny names :lol: Ive only changed two bunnies names that I have had from rescues :D I only did this because they both looked like the names I wanted for them :lol: Two of my current fosters are named Hinge and Bracket :shock: :lol:

Noooo.
Well, there was a 'Grumpy' at a rescue I visited... which seemed a bit unfair, to be honest. I think that particular name was off putting, but not because of the actual name, more of what it would put possible adopter-types in mind of? Apparently, she /was/ rather grumpy, and I suppose people had to be aware of it, but it still seemed unfair in a way... I was bugged for days after, worrying they'd put her at a disadvantage and had half a mind to go snatch her up. :oops:

My Barney was called 'Bullseye' by the rescue, which I thought a rather bad name... but he was such a handsome little guy, and full of beans when I first saw him... ^^ The name never put me off. And Amber's name stuck. The RSPCA centre had named her, and it's oddly fitting.

I gave my last foster bunnies some silly Harry Potter names, but they still got adopted within less than 2 weeks. :D
I don't think much about the names, but if I don't like the name, I would change it. Snoopy and Penny were named at the rescues they came from, and I thought the names suited them really well, so no need to change them. I felt drawn to them because of their cheeky looks on the photo.

I'm sure Asbeau wouldn't get alot of people wanting to adopt him with a name like that :lol: I reckon the otehr 4 would :lol:

My girls didn't have names when they were in the rescue, but I think easy, simple names, like Nemo or Simba (put to disney films!!) may help them be chosen. Just my opinion.

interesting ....
just wondered realy ...
cos sometimes i get struck with a name when i see a bun ....and sometimes the names pretty stupid:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i like unusual , wacky names but im not always sure if i should use them ...
but then sometines i want to give a not so pretty bun a realy pretty name ...

i guess i should just call them what ever pops in my head if names matter so little :lol: :lol: :lol: wacky names here i come :lol:

I wouldn't be put off by a rescues bunnies name and in most cases I'd probably keep the name the rescue gave them anyway (unless it was something like 'Fluffy', given a choice I'd rather have a 'real' name for a bun :D). I kept the names of both Harley and Frankie when they came to live with me :D

I've always gone for a rabbit that I've felt drawn to regardless of the name. As people have said you can easily change a name, it's the rabbit itself thats important not the name.

not sure cos if they don't like the name they would change it. moses was names floppies son when he was at the rescue :rolleyes:

Think it would depend on the person and if they felt they could change the name or not to wether it would change their opinion on having that bun, maybe a sign to say you've just given them a temporary name and the new owner could keep or change the name?

Dusty was called Bluie (blue eyes) and Meggie was called Megan both of which I didn't feel were quite "right".

Think it would depend on the person and if they felt they could change the name or not to wether it would change their opinion on having that bun, maybe a sign to say you've just given them a temporary name and the new owner could keep or change the name?

Dusty was called Bluie (blue eyes) and Meggie was called Megan both of which I didn't feel were quite "right".

we do always tell people they can change the name if they want ...well we try to remember anyway :?

Back