• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can i move the nest?

Nixz

Young Bun
I have ten 8 day old babies in a material pyramid home (the one for cats) and it is soaked through with urine.
What do i do?
Is it possible for me to move them or do i just leave well alone?
It is really soaking wet :?

Huhu,
I hope I understand the question right.
So the nest is fully an urine, or have I misunderstood this (acts to me suffer I come from Germany ...)? You could dress rubber gloves, they with some fur of the mother animal rub, thus it smells of her. Then you had to do the mother first of all in a transport box or whatever act, and then the babies there rausholen thus you can make the nest "new". I hope really this I this have properly understood if nich knows me please on it there.

Laura

Yes move them....in this weather they will freeze if damp.

Is it made from fabric? Mum will usually keep the nest clean herself. Rub your hands in soiled litter and take a small carboard box and cut a mum sized hole in the front. Line it well with newspaper and fill it with ripped newspaper, hay and straw make a little dent in the middle and place the babies inside and cover them well.

Place the box in the bed area of the hutch.

Make sure mum does not observe any of this...remove her from the hutch if necessary.

Back