• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The new edition to the family - Guinness

vikkia1234

Warren Scout
I was never really that interested in rabbits until we got Guinness but now dunno what i'd do without him, he so lovely!

He keeps me amused from the moment i wake up, every morning he dashes round the living room performing binkys and various other accrobatics! Sometimes even bounces himself off the walls! He follows my feet and runs around me in circles, never knew they were so friendly and loving!

Only one problem - he hates being picked up and has given me some pretty nasty and deep cuts, do you think he'll get better when he's older? (only 4 months now) I want to get him used to bing picked up but the wounds i have had so far put me off doing it as they take a while to heal! He so friendly but im sure people think i have this horrible rabbit because of the nasty scars across my arms and wrists!! I have been shown how to pick him up properly, but he still struggles! Any advice peeps?

P.S how do i get pictures on here?

with ones that aren't used to being picked up (ie my 2 wild buns) and scratch and wiggle etc I pick them up briefly, give them a little kiss/stroke and put them down and give them a treat. so they associate it with something nice. i do this quite often so they get used to it. Both with Wobbles and now with Nettle they were/are happy to be picked up.:D

ps have you got a photobucket account?

Thanks for your advice, i'll make sure i have treats handy from now on and only pick him up briefly! Its bizzare because he almost knows exactly when we want to pick up before we even do it! Then he wont come anywhere near us for a while!

I have just signed up today so not sure what a photobucket account is, i'll have look on the site, i guess i need this to put photo's on?

Back