• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies arriving at pets at home

racheld69

Mama Doe
Just been to pets at home and saw a big crate of about 10 lop earred bunnies arriving - is sad to see when you know how many are in rescue centres. There were also a zillion baby guinea pigs already there.

in like a big tray crate - reminded me of the ones bread gets delivered to supermarkets on but closed all sides. had lots of straw in it. When i initially saw the guy come in with all the fur sticking out the holes i was getting ready to go nuts but it wasn't as bad as i thought. i mean there were a lot of them in there but they could still move around - it was too open (lots of slits around it) and low but it has a very think carpet of straw so it looked like someone had taken care to make it as cozy as possible for them. I mean who knows - he could have had a lorry stacked with the crates and I don't know how far they travelled like that as there was no food or water and not enough room for a long journey. They unloaded them out of the crate straight away nice and gently.

Thats bad, but at least they were handled carefully, kind of. Unfortunately, not everyone seems to put the same value on bunnies as 'we' do.

I witnessed some horrendous sights at a livestock sale yesterday, the bunnies were handled with less care than a banana, 'carefully' never came into it. :cry:

Oh I stand corrected.

Slightly off topic but I wonder though, has P@H ever looked into having stores that don't sell pets? If they didn't sell pets, I would probably go in there more often, as it is I don't unless I have a dire emergency and they're the only place open.

Oh I stand corrected.

Slightly off topic but I wonder though, has P@H ever looked into having stores that don't sell pets? If they didn't sell pets, I would probably go in there more often, as it is I don't unless I have a dire emergency and they're the only place open.

i agree - they don't really need to - they could just have 100% rescue animals and then make their money by selling all the equipment and housing to go with them?

I know, I should have probably elaborated :lol:

I guess because I work there people automatically think i'm always on their side!

Yep, I think you might be right there... funny cos my friend worked there and hated the place, so I really should know better than to assume. :wave: (thats a friendly wave btw, not a sarcastic one:lol: )

I have to say Im pleasently surprised this thread has not yet erupted into WW3!

For the record if I ever come back as a rabbit I also do not want to end up travelling in a bread crate to P@H! *higher being please note....I will be good ;) promise*

Last edited:
Back