• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Domino - the bun with deformed feet

susiemae

Mama Doe
Hi all:wave: This is Domino who I picked up from the breeder who advertised him on free-ads.

Not sure whether you can see very well from the photo's that his front feet are turned in on each other, almost like when crossing your arms. He gets around well enough and theres even been a few binkys:D

Domino008.jpg

Domino009.jpg

Domino010.jpg

Oh bless his little heart, what a cutie. Do you know what happened to his feet? I want to cry for him, but he certainly looks very happy and contented. Well done for rescuing Domino.

He is absolutely LOVELY!!!!!:D I am SO happy that he has been collected and is getting loads of love and attention now!!!!!:D :D

Oh bless his little heart, what a cutie. Do you know what happened to his feet? I want to cry for him, but he certainly looks very happy and contented. Well done for rescuing Domino.

Its a birth defect. The breeder thinks he may have got squashed in the womb. He's been to the vets today for a health check and his myxi jab. The vet say they can xray him (whilst he's under a GA when he's neutered) and see how far the deformaties extend, she thinks he may have enlarged shoulders as well. Whilst I am happy to have him xrayed as a means to find out more about the problems with his legs, I really dont know if surgery is in his best interests.

You might want to email Jay at Ebony Eyes who homes special needs bunnies. She might be able to give you some general advice.

Back