• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits used to test gas chambers?

raine

Warren Veteran
My son came home from school where he had watched a film about death row in USA. He said they placed a bunny in the chamber to test it and he watched it die. The teenagers were shocked and angry. Couldn't they have tested it on a prisoner:roll:

How old is your son? Were they warned they were going to see this type of footage? :?

Yes you'd think they would test it on a criminal and not an innocent animal :evil:

He is 14. Why make an animal suffer. Daniel said the bunny was thrashing around trying to get out, its all so sad.

Oh cripes that is just awful :( :(

When i was 14 and in an English class (i was vegetarian at the time) our teacher made us watch a 'documentary' about slaughtering cows :( :( I'll always remember this poor cow screaming and thrashing about trying to get away from the man but he just slit its throat :( :( :( Poor thing lay there on the floor - still blinking until it died.

I was appalled and my mum (along with the rest of the classes!) wrote to the school and complained. The teacher was given a warning and thats it. But if i'd have had a choice i would never have watched that film. I still think about it now :( :( :(

We had to watch all sorts of terrible stuff at school. I always wondered whether it really taught us anything. Some stuff is just not suitable for teenagers.
I remember a film about motorbike accidents. A stuntman had lost control over his bike in a burning tunnel made of straw. He walked out of that tunnel, burning all over, screaming in a most horrible way and then died. Not sure what that part was supposed to teach us. Normal people don't drive through tunnels of fire.
Then we watched a film about child birth, with all the details and the camera right on the baby's head when it came out. It's quite natural, but still made most of us sick at that age.
And we had to watch several films with footage from concentration camps. People getting killed, their skinny bodies being pushed into mass graves by snow plows, bowls full of chopped off heads, etc.. Maybe you need to see things to believe them, but at that age it was just too much for us.

As far as I'm aware, rabbits don't have a legal right to humane slaughter in many U.S. states, including California.

It's sad that they see rabbits as such unimportant creatures that they don't even deserve a reasonable death :cry:

Amy

As far as I'm aware, rabbits don't have a legal right to humane slaughter in many U.S. states

- I'm not too surprised. I think that it is also true that in the US animals can be experimented on in a far more painful and pointless way than they can be here. But then - what do you expect from a nation that kills its own citizens? That in itself is grotesque.

Back