• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

P@H Giant Buns

GemmaH

Mama Doe
Has anyone's local P@H actually sold their Giant Bun yet? What I'm assuming is the same agouti Frenchie has been in Blackburn since they first brought them into stores which must be several months now :(

A local one near us is on it's 3rd one since the summer:( (and that's if they've not sold any others inbetween us popping in) Thing is they are only young ones when they get them in, no bigger than a normal sized rabbit and I fear people are taking these on without realising just how much they will grow and what they will need:(

well my local one, has had, a black, a brown, a white, a black and white lop, steel grey, and agouti sold since july

:(

Our local one seems to have sold a couple of Frenchies and a couple of Contis. They have a Frenchie in their rescue at the moment, and I am trying to decide if it is one that they sold themselves and has been brought back.:? :evil: :evil:

Ask a member of staff :) In our store, we have sold a few (mostly as house rabbits, but a couple went to people with sheds) and so far we have only ever had agouti frenchies.

Thing is they are only young ones when they get them in, no bigger than a normal sized rabbit and I fear people are taking these on without realising just how much they will grow and what they will need:(

There is a big big sign next to the pen saying "This is how big I will grow!" :)

Our local one seems to have sold a couple of Frenchies and a couple of Contis. They have a Frenchie in their rescue at the moment, and I am trying to decide if it is one that they sold themselves and has been brought back.:? :evil: :evil:

awwww i best not go in there then, i always feel so sorry for them in those horrible glass/plastic cages with no one wanting them:( .Worry to that just anyone will take them because there cheap :evil: .
Is it a giant in there Jill??

Last time I went in on a 'mission', they had a steele coloured Continental Giant for sale, and a Frenchie in their 'rescue'.:? :evil: They also had an ADORABLE little Nethie boy in the rescue that absolutely stole my heart......so I had to exit VERY quickly!!!!!:cry: :cry:

The one near me has sold at least 5 black giants, all of which were in at the same time. I was quite suprised, thought they would be there for ages because they were black :? They were lovely!

our one has an adult one on show that isnt for sale, just to show how large they get and he is gorgeous! they also have an adult female out back that isnt for sale and lots of babies. They said that they were just there temporarily until they got shipped to other stores. They have a huge pen and the baby girls live with the adult girl.

All the boys were agouti and blue and the girls were all patterned except for one fawn that they said they were keeping. The babies are handled daily.

I know that they have sold some and some are reserved because a guy i know there told me that the deposit receipts blew off the board and the rabbits ate them so they dont know who reserved which one!!!

There is a big big sign next to the pen saying "This is how big I will grow!" :)

That is great, but unfortunately our local store has nothing like that and what was even more worrying was them selling the new owner a 4ft double tier hutch to keep it in. I did go over and politely tell them it was not anywhere near big enough and they said to me it was what they kept their other PAIR in!!!!!!!!

Our local P@H had one there for a couple of months for £129. He was advertised as a Giant House Rabbit so not sure if they'd sell a hutch with him. I think there was a sign too explaining he was this big because of the breed and not because he was old. Guess they put that up after a lack of interest.

A few weeks later he was reduced to £80 but last I checked another giant had joined him and they were both at £129 again. At least he had a friend keeping him company I suppose.

Am hoping only a owner who understood their housing requirements would buy them, as any spur of the moment purchaser would go for the much cheaper £26 buns.

That is great, but unfortunately our local store has nothing like that

Hmmm :? Maybe worth asking them why they haven't got one? Because as far as I know, it's a standard display for stores who are selling giants. Unless they are trialing a new signage system, who knows, it's a bit odd that they don't have it anyway! I would definitely ask them about it.

There is a white frenchie in one store near me, I think it's the same one they have had for a while but i went to another store the other day and they had the most gorgeous agouti french lop in he/she is so sweet, If i had the money or the space i would have had to rescue the poor soul before he/she ended up somewhere unsuitable.

It torments me that they are sold to unsuitable homes...

Our local P@H has the sign about how big they grow, too.....but I'm not convinced it does a lot of good. On SEVERAL occassions I have heard people laugh or snort when they look at it and say things along the lines of, 'Yeah.....RIGHT.....NO rabbit gets THAT big...how ridiculous!'.:roll: :evil:

P@h in folkstone has a black frenchie which has been in there at least four months. Have written to the council and p@h to complain about the size of the pen etc but not getting anywhere. It had a fan attached to the side and it was covered in dust and there was dust all up the wall. My brother was with me and asked the manager to clean it up which he did. The bunny is getting bigger and bigger:(

The one closest to me has sold several since its been open, so someone must know a bit about them

They had a giant in my local store for months & then one day it was gone, i asked my friend who works there if it'd been sold & she said it'd been sent back to the supplier because it was unsaleable :cry:

Back