• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does bonded rabbit let the other know when there is treats?

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
I notice w/ my bonded pair Monty and Minnie, that when either 1 of them see some treats on the dish, for e.g., spinach or carrot, he or she would just eat it without hopping to the other side of the liviing room to let the other know that there is bunny treats

Further, if there is carrot leaf on the carrot, either 1 of them would eat them all without leaving any left for the other.

For those of you who have bonded rabbits, is that how yours do it?

Pebbles wont take anything unless Domino is there. She will always take it over to share! Problem is dominos a greedy little monkey and runs off with it and leaves pebbles nothing!!lol but after that she gets annoyed and takes the next bit 4 herself!

Peanut and jelly just grab what they can from each other x

No way would either of mine let the other one know that they had found something tasty :lol: More often they just gobble down what they can before the other gets other, and then they spend their time ignoring whatever is left in the bowl and stealing from each others mouths instead :lol:

no way....if mine get something they really like they run off and hide it then come back for more.

I've seen a wildbird magpie hides her food, but never a bunny.

I used to feed wildbird when I was young, and 1 day I put some bread outside, I saw that magpie eat some, and hide a piece on another part of my lawn about 3 ft. further, and put a piece of leaf to cover it. A sloppy job :lol:

Hi :wave:

My 2 don't they can often be seen having a tug of war over the last piece of spring green.
If one plays with the treat ball the other hoovers the treats up at the back of them - not really team work :lol:

The other day they were funny Jack finished his carrot and went to eat Millies she's kept picking it up in her mouth and running off with it :lol: :lol:

Back