• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

staining on bunny feet

Pink Badger

Warren Scout
When I collected my baby frenchies their feet were covered in poo, it was stuck on in thick lumps.:(

I managed to clean them up when we got home, but 3 weeks later they are still very stained. I have tried baby wipes and washed them twice, but I can't get rid of the staining. The fur on their back feet is supposed to be white but is currently quite a dark brown.

Anyone got any ideas, it makes them look really unclean.

Personlly I have never known a white rabbit to keep white feet....they always look a bit yellowish.

The best thing to do is keep the hutch clean and wait for them to moult...I have yet to find any product that actually keeps a white rabbit white!

I wouldn't mind if they were a bit yellow, but they are sort of tar coloured. They look like I've sat them in marmite. I just can't get them clean. It really does look like they are still covered in poo but there not. They are house rabbits and don't have cage, they use their litter tray and never poo in the house they just look like I keep them in filthy conditions.
What do you think about letting them have a run an the grass they have only been out on concrete so far. They are 12 weeks old and haven't ever eaten grass although they do have redigrass.

As long as they're kept in clean conditions now it should just wear/grow out.

When Ant came to us his feet were very dark and stained but now you wouldn't be able to tell.

i know that chalk was rubbed into the socks of horses to make it whiter. i don't know if it would absaorb some of the grease/muck to help it come off easier?:?

Back