• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any Rescue Want a Hutch??

kayjay

Warren Veteran
I have a spare 6ft Happy Hutch over run. Kayj was going to come and collect it but David's so busy he's not been able to come and it's sitting on my driveway in the rain and I'm worried it's going to rot away and be of no use to anyone.

I don't have a car big enough but if you do and would like the hutch to use for rescue or for fostering, please pm me. I live in Lancashire, about 15 mins from J31A of the M6.

Last edited:
When I saw this thread this morning I thought it would have been snapped up by lunchtime!

It's a shame we don't have a bigger car.. we're going to Lancs on the 14th so could have got it as far as Sheffield ready for someone else to take further afield. I'll need to have a think about this one.. :?

The size is a problem - you really need a van or a car with a trailer to put it on.

Second plan might be to sell it locally and donate the money, if I can sell it locally, people think I'm mad to have my rabbits in 'such a huge' hutch :rolleyes:

bump hope someone gets this and makes use of it... would love to help take it to foster... but im too far away and have just got my dad to build me a 6ft hutch! :) hopefully a rescue will snatch it up soon

If it helps with context, I've had a flatpack 6ft happyhutch with run in my audi A4 before now. The driver's seat needs to be quite far forwards but it does fit :thumb:

I'd also be able to make use of one for fostering but I'm also a bajillion miles from you :lol: Hopefully someone is able to work out the logistics of moving it to somewhere it can be of use!

Bump!!

Someone with a screwdriver needed then to dismantle and move it :) If anyone can transport it down to Kays or Leics for Jill, please let me know :) I have a Ford Ka and it definitely won't fit in that, no matter how flat :lol:

We go to Sheffield reasonably often (O/H's parents) - not sure of xmas plans yet but we may be able to help get it to Honeybunny. I think it would have to be flatpacked though - I'm not sure O/H would appreciate putting it on the roof rack fully assembled - (ponders whether a hutch could stand up to a 70mph wind on the motorway!)

Kate

We're quite a distance from Sheffield, probably one and half hours!! If someone is going from Lancs to Sheffield though it could work.

Oops - should read previous posts more carefully - I thought Morrigan could get it to Sheffield. :oops: I blame it on work stealing my brain..... ;)

Oops - should read previous posts more carefully - I thought Morrigan could get it to Sheffield. :oops: I blame it on work stealing my brain..... ;)

Theoretically I could as my OH's family are in Lancs and we go over a far bit, just not sure if we could get it in the car though as it's only a dinky little thing :? I'll mention it to the OH again. I did bring it up a few days ago but we both just thought there was no way of getting it without having access to a van or something!

Theoretically I could as my OH's family are in Lancs and we go over a far bit, just not sure if we could get it in the car though as it's only a dinky little thing :? I'll mention it to the OH again. I did bring it up a few days ago but we both just thought there was no way of getting it without having access to a van or something!

You'd definately need a van for a HH. Even if you take it apart it would be too long for a car/estate. Keeping it built up and getting it in transit type or on a trailer would be your best bet.

I've had a flatpack 6' HH and run combo in my standard Audi A4 (fixed boot and parcel shelf so not even a nice open hatchback) before. It's a bit of a squeeze but it does fit!

Back