• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Back with Sad News..

rabbitabby

Alpha Buck
I don't know if any remembers me or not.. I was a fairly active member earlier this year. I stopped participating after the death of my beloved bun. I couldn't even log in I was so upset, and I just stopped visiting..

Some of you may remember Cruebun and his neuter. He was about 2 weeks out of it, and his sutures were almost disappeared. He had healed well and had put up with his surgery recovery well.

His appetite started to slide and immediately we were in at the vets, and giving him Metaclopromide and Propulsid (sp?).. we battled GI stasis for 6 days, but Crue left me for the rainbow meadows, even though we tried as hard as we could. I swear I will never have another bun like Crue..

It is hard for me to have a home without a house rabbit now. I have since moved towns and am living in a different type of home, but I miss having a house rabbit. A friend of mine recently got a divorce, and has two outside buns that are caught in the middle. I have considered adopting one of them, but my life has drastically changed since Cruebun and my move. I work weird hours and my roommate/significant other has a housecat.

Even though I am bunless, I am glad to be back. I do have a little bit of rabbitry in my life left :) I am working on my sleeve, as I am a tattoo artist and LOVE tattoos.. here is what I have started. Eventually, I will have rabbits and hares of all different poses. Enjoy, and glad to be back!

ab022.jpg

ab019.jpg

ab027.jpg

Awww I'm so sorry about Crue. it must have been so hard for you; I lost Phoeb in June following a spey. Welcome back to RU, your tatt looks fantastic!:D

Welcome back!

I recently lost my house bunny Caspian, after battling with stasis and chronic bloat for 6 days, we made the decision to let him go. I miss him terribly and as you say, know I will never find another rabbit like him.

I love the tattoo, is it actualy a tat or just the pre-ink transfere for one (its quite shiny)?

Welcome back! It must have taken a lot if courage and some healing to post again, so good on you :thumb:

The sleeve looks as though it's going to be a beauty! Can't wait to see the finished article... black or colour?

Thea x

:D Thanks for all the welcome backs!

The tattoo is in the process of healing right now, the shiny-ness is from the ointment. It is all done in wine colored ink, no black or anything :)

Wow that tattoo is really amazing! It looks like beloved Crue really touched your life. :) Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time dealing with his loss - our pets do leave big holes, don't they? :cry: Time will help, of course, and you will never forget him. :)

Welcome back! :wave:

AMETHYST

Welcome back!! :wave:

(((((((((((((((((( Hugs )))))))))))))))))

I am so very sorry to hear that your dear Crue-Bunny has been called to The Bridge :cry: :cry: :cry:

I hope you will keep posting on RU as we will all understand your grief

Janex

Awwww how could we forget you and Crue - he was a special little bun and I'm so sorry you've lost him :cry: :cry: :cry:

love the tattoo! a great way to honour the memory of a bun but looks a mite too painful for me - I'll stick to photographs :shock: welcome back to the forum :wave:

Hello:wave:

I really feel for you. I lost my first bun Leon in June 06 and I still miss him. I got other rabbits but no one can fill his shoes. Rabbit no.7 (Melanie) Has really helped - she is even more friendly and loving than Leon and she will groom me like he did. It's not the same but she has really helped!

Oh No I am so sory, you were great when my Kovu was poorly and I remember how much him and Crue looked alike, big hugs.

Back