• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Skinny Bun??

LittleBunniesRock

Warren Scout
Rex (my nethie), I have recently noticed, is quite skinny. You can feel his ribs if you rub them, and his leg-joints (front-hips?? :oops: )stick out very far it seems. He has been eating normally, is pooing and weeing (as usual) for england, and is his usual self. He doesn't have as much fur as "Squishy" (we're trying out names :oops: :roll: ) so that's partly to blame, but even past the fur he is much skinnier than his mate. I don't know what to do- increase the amount of pellets they get, or just leave it be. We're taking squishy in for his snip on Thursday, so I'm going to take rex in as well to get his fur-less face checked out as well. I'll ask about this, but was wondering if any of you had advice? I'm afraid if I increase pellets squishy will just hog them all, as he does seem to be the slightly more dominant one, esp. about food, although he doesn't push rex out of the way.

ideas???

my little boy nethie is abit the same way at certain times have you tried worming him? i just worm him and he seems to put the weight on

i had a similar thread the other day one of my boys got really thin quickly so took him to vets and he is on a course of panacur along with my other 5 as well as fibreplex for 5 days.If he is very thin suddenly i would def take him to the vets.Also i am feeding him extra seperately away from his 2 girlies so that he has a little extra

Get his teeth checked....weightloss is a classic symptom of dental issues.

If the vet can find no problems with his teeth then I would recommend worming him as a precaution against EC, Blood Tests can confirm exposure, if taken over a period of time they can show if an infection is active, but it is safer, easier and cheaper to go straight onto a 6 week course of Fenbendazole (Panacur Rabbit or Lapizole).

Back