• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny owners!

simba2007

New Kit
Hello!

New member here!

We adopted a Lionhead Lop on Saturday (Simba, 4 months) and he seems to be settling in well in his new home. I just wanted to check / get advice on on whether we are doing things correctly!

Simba is in a large double decker hutch which at the moment is in our summer house - we were a bit worried about him being out in the cold at the moment. We have an indoor run in the kitchen which he spends the large part of the afternoon in (lots of toys, shredded paper, boxes, tubes etc) and seems to love. we're brushing him once a day.

We're making hay (timothy) the main part of his diet, supplemented with a small amount of rabbit museli and pellets and small amounts of greens, today brussel sprouts.

Is simba OK in his outdoor run? we were a bit worried he would be too cold / damp at the moment.

Our only other worry is that he seems to be pooing mainly in his nest box part of the hutch!

any help and suggestions much appreciated!

:wave:

i got my rabbit yesterday and she pooed in her bed and slept in her litter tray! if you move soiled litter and poo's into the right place he might get the idea. thats what i did but im litter training her because she is an indoor bunny

put another litter tray in his bed bit ;)

be careful when fetching him inside . Buns can tolerate cold but severe sudden changes in temperature can cause serious problems ....so if its a very cold day i would leave him outside :)

Back