• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amazing morning! **Pic heavy**

tracyuk

Mama Doe
I had the most amazing morning today. We took the children on a visit to Donna Nook, a local nature reserve. Every year the wild seals come ashore to have their babies, last year Donna Nook was birth place to 1070 babies and this year there were just as many. I got far too excited and ended up taking well over a 100 pics, I thought I would share with you some of the best ones.
Just one of the pics of the seals on the beach.
sealsonbeach.jpg

seal1.jpg

This one had just been born a few hours before we arrived
newbornseal.jpg

A mummy and baby
mumandbaby.jpg

lazyseal.jpg

Dinner time
feedingtime.jpg

seals021.jpg

You can see the umbilical cord on this one.
babycord.jpg

seals013.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics :D
It's an amazing place, people travel from all over the country to see the grey seals.
I haven't been for a couple of years, do they still have that rickety picket fence to keep people out? I'm surprised more people don't get injured trying to touch the 'cute fluffy' seals. :shock:
They aint cute, and their bites hurt - believe me! :lol:

Nice pics :D
It's an amazing place, people travel from all over the country to see the grey seals.
I haven't been for a couple of years, do they still have that rickety picket fence to keep people out? I'm surprised more people don't get injured trying to touch the 'cute fluffy' seals. :shock:
They aint cute, and their bites hurt - believe me! :lol:

Yes they still have the fence but its now a double rickety old fence, yeah like that works. I must admit, if we were not with the school children I would have touched a baby. Stupid I know but I would not have been able to help myself.

Yes they still have the fence but its now a double rickety old fence, yeah like that works. I must admit, if we were not with the school children I would have touched a baby. Stupid I know but I would not have been able to help myself.

Glad to know they are taking 'Health and Safety' so seriously then! :lol:
Thet do look cute I know, but they are aggressive and if a seal bit your finger, it could drop off! :shock: :shock:

Glad you had a good time though. :D

Wow that's so incredible! To be able to get that close - what a privilege! Fantastic pics, thanks for sharing!!

AMETHYST

Even though the area I live in (Teesside) is a heavy chemical/industrial area we have a lot of nature reserves around here. There is a place about 5 mins from where I live called Seal Sands. It is where there the river meets the sea and everytime the tide comes in you can see the seals who swim up the river to lay on the banks. It is lovely to see but I guess growing up in the area you kind of forget that not everyone sees these things everyday. I also couldn't imagine driving to work and not seeing the beach and sea everyday.

Don't think I could live in the countryside but I suppose its where you grow up and get used to. You still can't beat a walk along the beach in the summer.

Back