• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Domibun or submisbun?

emjay

Warren Scout
If Poppy is grooming her teddy (who obviously has never tried to mount her :lol: ) does that mean she is likely to be the submissive one when bonding??? :?

Going to 'attempt' to bond Charlie and Molly with Poppy and Benjamin this weekend !! :shock: Just want some heads up advice on watching their behaviour...

I don't think you can really tell - its all part of a continuum so although grooming is more submissive behaviour generally, if the other buns are more submissive, she may be more dominant in comparison, I'm not sure grooming a ted tells you a lot. It really depends on the individual personalities and smells when you put them together. Good luck!

Aww, she grooms her teddy :love: Agree with Alison, and I have a feeling she's going to want to be boss :lol: Good luck with the bonding :D xxx

:lol: I get that impression too Fran lol

How did you find her with teh two boy buns you bonded her with? Was it quite straight forward or did you encounter 'issues'?

She seems quite fond of Benjamin now (albeit through bars!) and the others are gettgin to know her but I need to be there to calm her down... good thing is they ignore each other for treats :D

It went quite well, she was the one who was more dominant and the boys went submissive so she got her way :lol: She didn't start any fights though so fingers crossed it'll go the same way for you guys. No issues really, Billy groomed her after about an hour of them being together and her and the other boy were close as well. Took longer for them to all lie together but it does take longer for groups to cuddle up I think.

Well been rubbing al of the buns so hopefully the smells will help in teh interim... Poppy seemt oreact to my 'commands' too so hopefully that wil calm her down. The others seem to respond too so thats good.
Thinking of makign some rose water too to spray them all before hand too so hopefully that wil help too..not loking forward to my sleepless weekend!!!
Will be on here when i can for advice etc from sat morning :shock: :lol:

Realised just how much I miss her when I was filling up her old hutch again on Sunday - kept remembering when she used to run round and round the run for no reason :lol: Eep, I hope it goes okay for you anyway, have my fingers crossed :) xxx

Think they are both gagging to get out and play with each other, they come out separately at the mo btu can see the isolation is not so good for them. Keep tellign them its not long now :lol: ... got everything crossed it goes well but am prepared for a bumpy ride!!

Are you fostering another then if you are fillign up her old run?

Aww, it may take a while but hopefully you'll have your bunny family by Christmas :D

Picked a bun up on Sunday, keep trying to tell myself she's a foster but I love her already :love:

Back