• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bad Storybook

kayjay

Warren Veteran
My son has just brought his reading book home entitled "The Terrible Power of House Rabbit" by Susan Gates. The basic story is that someone in the family is allergic to shavings and straw so can't have a rabbit until dad hits on the idea of a house rabbit (which of course doesn't need hay). It's very well trained and tidy and hypnotises the family into being tidy too. One day brother gets fed up of it and it escapes into the field where it meets a lady wild rabbit and has babies and lives happily ever after.

Anyone fancy emailing the author on how to keep rabbits? The author says in the 'about the author' page "I know someone called Richard Grantham who loves rabbits. But he couldn't keep them because he was allergic to the straw in their cages. Then one day he told me 'I might get a House Rabbit'.

Talk about misguided, teaching a generation of kids that rabbits don't need straw (hay) and when you get fed up of them, release them to live happily ever after with the wild buns :evil:

What ever happened to the childrens books I used to read :roll:

Dont even get me started on childrens TV!! :evil:

I would defo have a word with the school so other kids dont decide to get rabbits and then release them when bored!

Back