• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bathing

serz

Warren Scout
Was just curious-can you bath rabbits??
was just wondering so thought i would ask you guys :)

You can, but you normally don't need to. The only time I ever bathed a bunny was when she had a very dirty and smelly bum. She (a foster bunny) seemed to like the warm water and even drank it. But with wet fur they can get quite cold, so you have to dry them properly. I would not bathe a rabbit unless it was absolutely necessary.

I wouldn't. If they have a dirty bum you can hold them over the sink and wash their bum without bathing them totally.
I only ever bathed one of my rabbits, Jake and that was under the instruction of my vet. He was 13 years old and had several conditions (dental disease, urine stains etc) from old age that made him pong! It was nothing serious but his fur had gone manky for want of a better word and as we all know rabbits love to be clean.
Rather than dunk him in the bath I put the shower on him, which he didn't enjoy but he did the toweling afterwards ! :D

Back