• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter boxes with flaps

Woodlouse

Mama Doe
:wave: We're about to move our house bunnies Ant and Hoops from their hutch in the lounge into their own bunny room. (Of course they'll still have free run of the house when we're home too). Anyway, thought we'd try them with a covered litter tray - the sort for cats with a flap in the front ... and all I can say is that they're LOVING :love: it! So funny to watch :lol:
Anyone else use them? They'll be fab for the bunny room cos very little mess kicked out and as they're enclosed no spraying over the back of the tray :D

Ant and Hoops like jumping in and out through the flap. It's funny when they're inside and then lift the flap slightly with their nose and peer out.

Ant and Hoops like jumping in and out through the flap. It's funny when they're inside and then lift the flap slightly with their nose and peer out.

If i haven't chucked it i might try putting it on and see if they think it is funny too!:D

Any idea how big they go? One of my free range buns is a giant!!

Mine is pretty large - larger than a standard cat litter tray.

It's just a standard covered cat litter tray with a cat flap. Available at all good pet shops - and also some bad ones too I'm sure.

Ahh me and my mum were just looking at these in the pet shop :lol: my mam laughed wen i suggested getting one!! might try it tho! im still trying to litter train my female bunny she poos everywhere

Hi,

An internet company called Zooplus do the largest litter tray I have seen, as I have it for my 2 persian cats, and I havent seen one as big in the pet shops.

Its listed under cats litter boxes, and then click on covered litter boxes and its called the jumbo, the door is very easy to take off if you need do.

I have ordered many things from this company and the service is very good.

Hope this might help.

Carole

I have one for my cat and havent really considerd one for Kovu but I guess it would be a good idea as he does love to kick his litter everywhere :roll:

Back