• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm so proud of my boy

HS

Wise Old Thumper
Bobby's been at the vets again today about his abcess (right side of face, under chin). They lanced it this time, whilst he was still awake the little soldier.
As soon as he got back home, he was straight in the hay.
I love him so much, and hope he carries on fighting this.

Awww - hope he's OK soon - when Maa's abscess came back again they said have her PTS but a different vet cleaned it out with no anaesthetic - only took a minute and didn't seem to bother her at all so maybe the GA is for vets with less confidence? Better than the other option anyway!

Bobby's a very laid back bun, so it was a better option than GA.
How's Maa's abcess? DId it clear up?

yes it's not come back in well over a year - apparently the last abscess was a reaction to undissolved stitches from the first abscess op - the vet found a couple of stitches floating around in there :shock: We used metronidazole anyway, as that knocked out the original abscess in just a week. The swab came back clear but I asked if we could use metronidazole again and they agreed :)

I'll have to mention that to my vet if it doesn't clear up. Thanks!

It's always worth a try anyway - not expensive, didn't harm Maa's gut in any way (though a probiotic might be a good idea) and was easy to administer - She's an average sized lop and had half a tablet a day for 8 days - I crushed the tablet between 2 spoons and sprinkled it on a small amount of mushed up pellets along with a bromelain tablet to make it taste nice - I guess a splash of apple/pineapple juice or baby food would do as well. Maa is very greedy though - a fussy rabbit might be a bit less keen to gobble it up :rolleyes:

Back