• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kira really needs poo vibes - U/D She is home!

vicki267

Mama Doe
As some of you may be aware my Kira was speyed today but the vets are keeping her in until she poos and eats something. May not be home til wednesday :cry:

They are syringe feeding her and giving her drugs so I am sending plenty of poop vibes her way to ensure she can be returned to me tomorrow :cry:

I feel so lost without my little wizz bucket (dont ask) I am sat here with the snuggle safe I bought for her on way back from vets today but as she cant have it thought I'd test it out :lol:

Please send her poo vibes :D

Last edited:
Well personally I think Kira hadn't pooped by 5:30 because she has no nice clean laminate to poop on. :lol: :lol:

Will tell the vets tomorrow she will poo if she's put on my lounge floor :lol:

Lily was like this when she was spayed, the vets gave her injections to get everying moving again. try not worry to much, I did and ended up making myself really poorly.

<<<<<<<<<vibes>>>>>>>>>

Hey guys thanks for all your vibes, they worked :D

She is back home, although she did get very excited and it took me a while to stroke her off to sleep :roll:

She just had a dose of Metacam and she loves the stuff! :shock:

Luckily I only have work for an hour later 17:30-18:30 so can keep an eye on her this pm and sit by her this evening.

She has to go back to the vets on thursday for a check up. I am very impressed with how my vets have handled everything, I am pleased they kept her in overnight although it did confuse me because so many other rabbits were sent home yesterday.

Thanks again and lets just hope she heals nicely and can soon meet Arnie and fall in love :lol:

Thanks guys, she has eaten the tasty food I have given her :roll: I think she likes me running back and forwards to the kitchen to find things she will eat.

She is sat in her litter tray (this is where she wants to recover) on top of her snuggle safe at the moment. She has done lots of poops and about 3 wees. She decides to leave the litter tray and wee on the vetbed tho lol :lol:

She is drinking but she doesn't want to move much so I am occasionally filling up a syringe with water and put it next to her mouth and let her lick that instead.

She has tried licking her wound a few times so am slightly worried about tonight, will keep popping downstairs to check on her.

One more question, what is the best way for me to check her wound? I dont want to hurt her by moving her too much but need to be able to get a good look. Does anyone have any pictures of spay scars? (just interested what others look like really).

Vicki

The way I check Milly and Molly's wound is by just lifting up their forelegs and keeping their hindlegs on the ground and looking underneath. It has worked so far. The wound looks a bit like folds of chicken skin sewed together. Milly and Molly have what look like holes in their wounds but it's not really, just glue and it's not bleeding or weeping.

The way I check Milly and Molly's wound is by just lifting up their forelegs and keeping their hindlegs on the ground and looking underneath. It has worked so far. The wound looks a bit like folds of chicken skin sewed together. Milly and Molly have what look like holes in their wounds but it's not really, just glue and it's not bleeding or weeping.

Thanks, that is how I have checked her so far and it doesn't seem to bother her. The wound seems similar to yours, hers looks quite sore but I guess it would. It hasn't been bleeding though and at least she has her check up tomorrow.

Back