• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why do we bother a bit of a moan

elaine

Mama Doe
Today a woman has rung me at least 6 times about some rabbits her son has and won't feed, apparantly there are 4 adults and some babies but 1 baby has already died as there is no food, I suggested that (politely) she goes to the local ppet shop and buys some even if cheap, to which the reply is this is not my problem... umm let me think of this one... she had her son, she has brought him up so yes he is still related to her so she needs to sort it,

End result is the local inspector is going out to visit and to find out what is going on as I am slightly full at the moment but if they have to come so be it.

People really really wind me up

then another woman rung me she has a 6yr old male catrated guinea living with a 4yr female and a 2yr old female who she can no longer keep along with another pair a 5yr castrated male and 3 yr old female who is supposed to have huge lumps but the vet has said not to worry about it so they are coming in at weekend and so I can see what sort of conditon they are etc.

Elaine

Perhaps if the bloody humans were neutered there would be less idiots about to inflict suffering on the animals that have the misfortune to come into their 'care'

:evil:

Janex

That is shocking :evil: I don't how you cope, I don't think I'd be able to keep my temper in check (although I realise that losing my temper won't be very useful in helping to get the bunnies out :(). It must be so hard for you to have to take those types of calls :(

Sending vibes for the bunnies coming in at the weekend x

What the h*ll is this woman playing at - so she would just let the rabbits starve would she rather than having to spend a few minutes of her time feeding them herself. At the end of the day she is the adult in the house and ultimately responsible for her son and the rabbits. This is why children shouldnt have sole responsibility of an animal:censored: :censored:

People generally ARE stupid, even the educated ones with good jobs shock me sometimes with the heights of stupidness. It's a daily battle on the phones here to not tell them to **** off lol. Sometimes I'd love to, but we take the abuse and deal with the stupid people for the sake of the animals. The problem with people is that stupidity and selfishness are a hard combination to crack.

Back