• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Girls have been spayed!!! Need Vibes!! PICS!!

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
The girls have been spayed and Milly has eaten, and Molly has eaten, drank and pooed. I'll post some pictures up in a min. Need loads of vibes this way.

Sneaked on- I should b resting! But needed to see how they are!!!! Lots of vibes to them both x x xx

Here are some very fuzzy pictures:

6yv9jxv.jpg

73msb39.jpg

6ywi2p2.jpg

Thanks for the vibes. Just want to know, when should I become worried if they are not eating, drinking, pooing or weeing?

Yay well done girls.

I think people have said 48 hours to be really worried but call the vets if not eating in 24 hours for advice.

Good that they have both eaten a little and pooped! :roll:

I would say if they haven't eaten or pooped by the morning i would call the vet but thats only what i'd do being a panicker

My bunny Pippa didn't eat for 24 hours and with hindsight I think she was in pain and I should have taken her back for another painkiller but I didn't. I tempted her to eat with grated carrot and cucumber (which gave her fluid as well), so my advice would be to see how they are in the morning but if you feel they are in pain then to ring the vets up and check when they can have more painkillers - afterall we wouldn't have a hysterectomy and have no painkillers after day one would we :shock:

Best wishes for them, hope they are ok overnight xx

Milly has drunk some water. Hurray!!! And one more poo has appeared but don't know whose it is. :lol: Thanks everyone for the advice. I'll report on here how they are in the morning and I'll take your advice on what you think.

aww little hunnys.... least they can comfort each other tonight as well as gettin to be with thier mum :D :D

They seem fine this morning. There is loads of poos in the cage, and I think I see some wee. They have eaten and drunk as well. Seems to be good so far. When does the painkiller wear off? Is there anything I can do when that happens?

hey i dont know if this helps but when peanuts wore off he was in pain (bcus he had ripped himself open the night before and even tho it had been seen to it was extra sore) I noticed he was drinding his teeth alot.
but all my others who didnt have problems seemed to be fine xxxx

Alvin thumped at about 5am so i guess he felt pain then.... made him feel abit sorry for himself and he slowed down on eating... soon picked up tho :)

Hi,

24 hours for painrelief to wear off. If you want to get a top up if you think they are in pain just ask the vet I'm sure he will be happy to do it.

Glad they are ok

Maureen

Hey :wave:

Fae seemed fine after 24 hrs, and her wound is amazingly neat and healing! :shock:

After being syringe fed at 2.30am, she started binkying and stretching out about 6am that morning so she cant have been in much pain :D I just keep checking it daily to make sure she hasnt chewed or caught it, but hers was glued too so she doesnt have any stitches.

Sending vibes - it sounds though that they are well on the mend :D

My vets have given me some metacam to give to her each day for the next 4 days but I did pay quite alot for her surgery.

Weird thing is she loves the taste of the metacam so I dont even have to struggle giving it to her :lol:

If you think they are in pain just ask your vet for some. If they are moving about and eating/pooing I doubt they are in pain though, just carry on watching them :D

It's been about 28 hours now. I have just given them a clean out and given them their dinner and they willingly hopped over and munched on about 10 pellets each. Milly ate some dandelion after that and Molly had a few strands of hay. They are now flopped beside each other. Thanks for the vibes and well wishes. Milly has been a naughty girl today :no: . She was licking her wound but I told her off but it doesn't look like she's done any damage. The wounds are looking good. No weeping or bleeding. Here are some pictures of them:

8easjsk.jpg

^ Milly eating some pellets

6uqubk4.jpg

^ Molly eating some pellets

85boza1.jpg

^ Flopped beside each other

Back