• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I had an accident in p@h...

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
...I was driving past the shop and before I knew it, I was parking outside :roll:
I popped in for a look, and saw the cutest little critters in the adoption section - Beau is the dad, he is 12 weeks, and the baby is Joe only 4 weeks old.

Beau being held by my daughter
beaujoe.jpg

beaujoe2.jpg

Beau and Joe
beaujoe3.jpg

beaujoe4.jpg

Their new home (which I need to buy loads more stuff for!)
beaujoe5.jpg

The black thing near the middle is an entrance into underground rotastak tunnel that leads into the blue compartment - fun! :D

So far the boys have been great! they are really handleable, which I wasn't expecting at all!!! :D
If anyone knows about Dwarf hamsters, please feel free to give me tips and advice - I've only ever had Syrians before...

Aww Faye they are lovely ! I had Russian hamsters years ago, Andropov and Lenin :oops: Great cage too :D

:no: :no: :lol: :lol: :lol: seriously though they are very cute, I have had a couple of accidents in P@H as well.
Sallyx

Awwww theyre lovely, the adoption centre is very tempting, I try not to look.

I'm a member of a hamster forum, joined as I was a bit rusty, they have some good tips and advice. Is that a Zooplus cage? You probably already know but unless you put extra mesh over the top, they'll be out, theyre unbeliveably good climbers! If I rememebr right, they advise you have 2 of everything, 2 bowls, 2 wheels, to prevent fighting. I'll log on and have a look.:D

my mum used to have 2 n they were *******!cud escape from the smallest hole possible!!!still cute though!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:lol: :lol:
Same thing happened to me! Ive got Robbie the Russian dwarf hes not handleable yet though! What do you want to know about dwarfs? I had 2 others previously :D

it's a hagen zoozone 2 cage - I meshed the one I use for my mice, cos they're good jumpers, but I read that dwarfs can even be kept in lidless tanks as long as there are no tall toys or ways to climb out...
can you pm me the forum web address please? I'd just like to know any useful info, best food, best bedding, best toys etc.... :D
p.s. thanks Isabel and Neil :lol:

Have you checked the sex of them? Its easy to make a mistake and they tend to breed alot in mixed sex couples :shock:

I have one dwarf hamster now, i did have 19 at one time. I feed her on harry hamster food and they like a bit of cooked chicken or scrambled egg for extra protein. Make sure they have two of everything, wheels, houses, food bowls or they could end up fighting. They are very cute! :D

thaks for the tips Estelle, Donna mentioned 2 of everything too so there must be truth in it! :lol: They've got plenty of sleeping places (2 actual houses, a cardboard construction and a duplo scenery thing) - they both sleep together at the moment... follow eachother everywhere :D it's so sweet!
Neither has gone on the wheel yet, but when/if they discover it I'll get another to stop them fighting...
Sand bath sounds like fun - I'll certainly try that!
not checked their sex yet, I think they're the remnants of a mis-sexing anyway - the parents are only 12 weeks, I assume they were 'sisters' or something, anyway the boys were returned... I'll check their bits though.
How many have you kept together in 1 group?

:love: :love: They are super cute. Can I ask if that is Bob Martins paper cat litter you have used or caresfresh ? I use Bob Martins for Horatio, my Syrian hammy and the last 2 bags I've bought look and smell totally different from the old stuff, but there is nothing on the packaging to say its been changed. The stuff I have now looks a bit like the stuff you've got.
Taz

Back