• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fencing

TheGaffer

Mama Doe
I need to look at getting some fencing, mainly to cover the top where the foxes are coming in and out. Then maybe the buns could move outside next year.

I don't think ordinary fence panels will be adequate. The area where the fencing will go is quite overgrown at the minute, and I'd need to check the land registry map to identify where our border is.

To keep the foxes out it would need to be about 20ft long (garden is about 60ft long altogether) but I don't know how high. Can foxes climb fences?

Does anyone have any interesting suggestions for fencing ideas that won't bankrupt me?

A fox will easily get over a 2 metre high fence which is the tallest you can use without planning permission (less if close to a public highway). Not sure how tall it would need to be and they may also dig under.
We get a visit dawn & dusk from our local fox, so we make sure our two are secure in the shed before darkness.

Mike

A fox will easily get over a 2 metre high fence which is the tallest you can use without planning permission (less if close to a public highway). Not sure how tall it would need to be and they may also dig under.
We get a visit dawn & dusk from our local fox, so we make sure our two are secure in the shed before darkness.

Mike

ah, I hadn't thought about needing planning permission. Our garden backs onto a park, so not near a road. also the land on the other side of where I want the fence is like a 'no mans land' because it's not owned by my neighbours, this is where the foxes live I believe. So I want to block their access to my garden.

The foxes wander across my garden usually mid morning. I'm getting a bit obsessed about them :roll: :lol:

Oh I wouldn't like that, foxes coming into the garden at night! Never seen any foxes near mine. Thank god!

I would just suggest getting the highest possible fencing there is without having planning permission and just making sure you're rabbit homes and runs are extra secure and fox proof.

Perhaps talking to people who deal with fencing might be able to help you with how to keep the foxes out the garden.

Back