• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some random photos of the gang!

.... Well apart from Maddie, who always refuses to take part! I'll manage to catch her on camera one day! :rolleyes:

They all have Copper eyes, but I'm afraid my camera makes them look positive evil! :oops:

"Cookie", who's dad to the kittens!

DSC00007-2.jpg

DSC00004-2.jpg

Zippy!

DSC00012-3.jpg

DSC00005-3.jpg

Scooby!

DSC00013-4.jpg

Millie!

DSC00014.jpg

and a duo shot of Scooby & Millie!

DSC00015.jpg

Hope you like my babies!

Carol

Lovely to see pics of the rest of the family! Love that second one of Cookie - you can't use his eyes as an excuse for him looking evil there though ;) :lol:

Wow they are beauties - sorry if it's an obvious question, but are they pedigree & if so, what breed? The reason i ask is because i was told our rescue may have some pedigree in him & his fur looks just like Zippy's! :D

Wow they are beauties - sorry if it's an obvious question, but are they pedigree & if so, what breed? The reason i ask is because i was told our rescue may have some pedigree in him & his fur looks just like Zippy's! :D

:wave: aww, thank you!

They are all Pedigree British Shorthaired Cats. If your cat has the same "markings" on his fur as Zippy, these are called "Ghost Markings", they tend to disappear with age, they are markings which have been passed down their line, however, they can still retain "ghost markings" on their tail. Zippy is only 2, and his ghost markings have faded with time.

Carol xx

P.S. Lets see some piccies :p

Lovely to see pics of the rest of the family! Love that second one of Cookie - you can't use his eyes as an excuse for him looking evil there though ;) :lol:

Aww, poor Cookie Baby, he my darling! He was just at the end of an all important yawn there! :lol: :lol:

Carol xx

P.S. Lets see some piccies :p

He's quite a photogenic cat & i've got loads of pics but can't find any of them as my OH has tidied the comp & put everything into new folders, so i'll have to ask him to find me some in the morning :rolleyes:
My cat (Binkx) has the same shape head as Zippy (not sure if that's anything to do with breed lol) also, his fur isn't the same as 'normal' cats hair, its really dense & fluffy.

ETA: managed to find this pic of his back lol not much use but kind of shows his fur - not sure if you can really tell how thick & puffy it is, but more pics to follow!
Also, it looks like his collar is really tight but it isn't, it's just his hair lifting up & showing a bit of skin.
binkback.jpg

Last edited:
[IMG said:
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd277/hugbut/binkback.jpg[/IMG]

He does look very much like a British Shorthaired cat to me! He looks Grey/Blue in the photo, am I right?

What colour eyes does he have?

Carol xx

What GORGEOUS cats!!!!!:D :D

My neighbour has a Tortie point British Short Hair, and I am TOTALLY in love with her! (The cat......not my neighbour!!!:p :lol: :lol: )

Our Arthur is 1/2 British Shorthair.....but he doesn't have the classic BSH face.

Scooby is STUNNING!!!!!:D

His eyes are green & a couple of people have descibed him as 'blue' in colour :D

:wave: He could well be a full British Shorthair, as Zippy's eyes are Copper, but sometimes shine green too, his fur looks very much like Zippy's. Do you have a picture of his face/head?

Carol xx

Wow Millie is stunning! Their fur looks like rex fur - is it similar?

Thank you for your kind message! :wave:

I have 2 Rex bunnies, so I can honestly say, it doesn't have the same texture. All the cats fur is very thick and plush and very soft to touch, but not like velvet, like Rex bunnies.

They're British Shorthaired Cats, known as the "Teddy Bear" of the cat world, because of their thick plush coats, and round face/head and cobby body.

Carol xx

Thank you for your kind message! :wave:

I have 2 Rex bunnies, so I can honestly say, it doesn't have the same texture. All the cats fur is very thick and plush and very soft to touch, but not like velvet, like Rex bunnies.

They're British Shorthaired Cats, known as the "Teddy Bear" of the cat world, because of their thick plush coats, and round face/head and cobby body.

Carol xx

They do look squidgeable! :lol:

I'm glad you dont live near me.....i'd be SO tempted!

Back